Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Coal Front - Mile   General Discussions

Started Oct-28 by zowcownow; 226 views.
zowcownow

Oct-28

He was one of my long shot specials.  Man --- I hate this.  Horse puts in a dud of a workout and the trainer (Pletcher) says it's fine.  Trust me....this angle never works.  A horse puts in a bad workout....he runs bad on the track.  I predict 5th or worst.  

Multiple graded-stakes winner Coal Front also worked four furlongs in :50.95.

"It probably wasn't the best executed breeze we had this morning," Pletcher said. "He kind of eased off at the five-eighths pole. Before that, he got into good rhythm and was settled and relaxed. He ended up galloping out good. He seems to be happy with himself."

PISTOL9

Oct-28

I have been giving that one a good look, but I would not call it a long shot special,  saw odds around 6-1, might be more now if work was that bad.  I was not planning to bet to W at that price anyway, but use in exotics.

zowcownow

Oct-28

The horse isn't generally a fast workout horse anyway, but this workout was a full second slower than his norm.  We will see......6-1 is probably about right.