Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Classic   Breeders' Cup

Started Oct-31 by Northof64; 447 views.
Northof64

Oct-31

Ho hum. How bout war of will to just go!!! Didnt think so. Cant get fired up with this lineup. Maybe the 3 calis boxed meaning mckinzie higher power mongolian groom. Ill 

RAESFAN

Oct-31

Not a fan, but I think McKinzie wins this. I'm not betting it, so i'll be rooting for Code Of Honor.

zowcownow

Nov-1

I'm a big fan of this race.  All horses can get the distance and that makes it a great race.  The track bias confuses the heck out of me.   My gut thoughts on the race........is Mike Smith guns Yoshida for the lead in the middle of the backstretch and cruises home.  Yep, its the crazy maneuver Jerry Bailey did with Cigar when he was in his prime.   Smith knows that Yoshida can't run past them in the homestretch because of the track speed favoring bias so he goes for the lead early.   

The bet ----   1$ exacta box with 6 horses for $30

Mongolian Groom, Mckinzie, Yoshida, Honor Code, Vina Rossi, and Elate. 

The Million $ show bet ----- Elate.  (hoping for $8)

Northof64

Nov-1

Good Logic on Yoshida. 

Gerh

Nov-2

I just can’t see McKinzie in the top 2.Like Vino,Higher Power and possibly Mongolian Groom.Would love to see Code of Honor but he will probably find it difficult to close on this track

In reply toRe: msg 5
RAESFAN

Nov-2

The track appears to be changing. Blue Prize closed, so he has a chance.

Gerh

Nov-2

None of Baffert horses have been able to finish.I put him in 3rd in a couple of 10c supers.I don’t think 1-1/4 miles is his best distance and it becomes more difficult on this track.Having said that,I have been ice cold today so he will probably win lol.

In reply toRe: msg 7
cubs.fan

Nov-2

Didn't get a chance to post earlier, took a beating until the Distaff and Classic. Vino Rosso helped me get my biggest single race score ever (topping Arklow's 3yo turf win on the 2016 Derby undercard). $100 to win on Vino Rosso, $10 exacta, $.60 superfecta, $1.50 trifecta. $1 Juv-Classic double, about $2,000.

ChiefsCrown

Nov-3

Played a last minute $2 tri/box on the classic and ht just under $400. Don't know where the previous page states the Classic trifecta pays $3226.00??

Definately a typo. Wish it did pay that much!