Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

BC Saturday Picks   Breeders' Cup

Started Nov-1 by RAESFAN; 685 views.
RAESFAN

Nov-1

Not doing a lot of betting on Saturday. Taking my chances on Friday but......

Race 4 - Come Dancing runs down Cofveve to eke this one out

Race 5 - I really like how Totally Boss is coming into this race. If the odds are right, I will bet.

Race 6 - I will play this race, expecting great odds on Giant Expectations.

Race 7 - Sistercharlie's number went the wrong direction in her last win. Vasilika should feel at home here.

Race 8 - My favorite BC race every year. Shancelot and Mitolie soften each other up and a tactical Imperial Hint(The Little Engine That Could) takes advantage of no Roy H. Cruiser should have run in the Dirt Mile.

Race 9 - Totally a "heart" pick here. Uni flying late!

Race 10 - This would be my single on the card. Midnight Bisou!

Race 11 - They say he's vulnerable at 12f, but I'm not betting against this guy! Bricks And Mortar!

Race 12 - Least enticing Classic for me in a while. I know 10f is not his best distance, but I think McKinzie wins, although I would love to see Shug win this. 

EDIT: Modifications to early picks

Sprint - Given the way the track is playing, Imperial Hint needs to come out running to be forwardly placed, and able to save some ground.

Mile - Uni was in tough from the start. Given her post and style, I can't see it if the races play like yesterday. get Stormy is America's best hope, and will have to beat Space Traveller and Circus Maximus

Turf Classic - Maybe the Euro, Anthony Van Dyck, who is a highly thought of contestant, may be in the driver's seat here. My two early picks, Bricks and Old Persian will have to win against a perceived bias(mine).

Classic - This race should be the best test of my theory, as the most likely winners are posted fairly wide. It may be a chance to hit a huge tri or super using the horses on the inside that should be forwardly placed.

• Edited November 2, 2019 9:04 am  by  RAESFAN
Northof64

Nov-1

I'm on board with most of your picks.  However in the sprint everyone expects the big melt down which it does appear to be on paper therefore I'm going opposite.  I know 3 year olds seldom win this but I'm going all in on Shancelot.  Heck he only lost by a nose to one of the best and he is scaling back in distance. Hoping his odds creep up from the 4-1.

Good Luck

North.

RAESFAN

Nov-1

After today, that SA track is not taking any more of my money!

Wintertrian

Nov-1

RAESFAN said...

After today, that SA track is not taking any more of my money!

Usually if you do bad on Fri you do good on Sat.  

FWIW, I like a lot of your picks for Sat.  

I don't know whether or not to dip my toes in or not.  Saturdays are "bad luck" day for me, for any kind of gambling, but I do not know why  LOL   I am wondering if tomorrow will be chalky.  

I love Mitole for the sprint, but might put $ on Firenze Fire.  For the 6th, I'm giving Improbable his last chance......that big stride if he doesn't freak out in the gate will propel him to the finish.  He's a head case, but a very gifted head case.

RAESFAN

Nov-2

The track played very strange yesterday. The two dirt races at 7f that preceded the BC races were completed in around 1:25 in two year old stakes. British Idiom won her 8.5f race in a painful 1:47! Seeing that, I thought the boys did very well to go under 1:45 in the Juvenile, over two seconds faster than the fillies. Then I watched the final race and saw allowance horses go under 1:23 for 7f. Assuming the clock was working properly, the track sped up significantly as the day went on. How much that had to with the result of the Juvenile, I don't know. British Idiom and Dona Veloce, while slow, ran to their favoritism, not so Eight Rings, Dennis' Moment, or Scabbard. Dennis had an excuse, sort of, because even though he stumbled badly, he showed nothing thereafter.

Perhaps I should be happy that all apparently came back healthy, and that's the most important thing. But as far as betting my money not knowing who will take to this surface, I think I'll pass and just enjoy the races.

OldForesight

Nov-2

The best of my pick 5 ticket on Friday; Four Wheel Drive, Instructor, Donna Veloce, Sharing and Anneau d'or.  Here goes my picks for Saturday......

Race 4.  Spiced Perfection, Bellafina

Race 5.  Imprimis, Eddie Haskell, Final Frontier

Race 6.  Blue Chipper, Mr. Money. Omaha Beach

Race 7.  Mrs. Sippy, Sister Charlie, Vasilika

Race 8.  Catalina Cruiser, Mitole, Engage

Race 9.  Caribou, Uni, True Valor

Race 10. Wow Cat, Midnight Bisou

Race 11. Bricks and Mortar, Old Persian

Race 12. Higher Power, Owendale, Code of Honor        

OldForesight

Nov-2

You have to handicap how the track is playing. Right now the dirt track is made for stalkers. Anything more than 4 or 5 lengths of the lead is not going to win. The track might change a little bit on Saturday but not enough to give closers a chance.   

Northof64

Nov-2

Nice picks yesterday foresight!! Good luck today 

Plus2lbs

Nov-2

R3 #7 Ocean Fury.

Bejarano more than capable to get this runner home.

Testing the waters.. sea's are rough today my friend..

F+M Sprint

#6 Bellafina looks off in left front

#1 Covfefe ...breaks track record

Nice...wtf..3/2...wrong about the #6

Late money is smart money

Got the 1st home in my "Let it ride"..

$50 ----$125

BC Turf Sprint

#7 Leinster

$125----$75..not a Let it ride race

BC Dirt Mile

#7 Coal Front

$75---$0..reluctant to load..should of cancelled the bet

BC F+M Turf

#8 Castle Lady...lightly raced..why not.

$50---$0

Lol..chasing it..

BC Sprint

#1 Catalina Cruiser

$50---($100)

BC Mile

My old friend

$50 W

#16 Next Shares...wow done after a half

Nice one Uni...Paying some dues today

BC Distaff

#9 Serengetti Empress..owes me nothing

$50 W

BC Turf

#11 Arklow

$50 W

Classic

#6 Elate...change that..

#2 Seeking the Soul

That should do it.

• Edited November 2, 2019 7:58 pm  by  Plus2lbs
RAESFAN

Nov-2

Shout out to More Than Ready! He is still at stud at age 22, for the bargain price of 80k. Now the sire of 6 BC winners, in 5 different races. He now has a winner in the Turf Sprint(Regally Ready), juvy Turf Filly(More Than Real), Juvy Turf C&G(Pluck), Sprint twice(Roy H), and now the prestigious Turf Mile. I have a feeling that he's not done!