Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ride Of The Weekend?   Breeders' Cup

Started Nov-3 by RAESFAN; 516 views.
RAESFAN

Nov-3

I believe I saw distinct biases in both the SA surfaces this weekend. No one was winning from far back, and no one was winning if they failed to save some ground at some point. As a result, I didn't expect Uni to do well. If you are familiar with Uni's career, you will know that she generally displays no early speed, and usually uncorks a big run, circling the field. But yesterday, Joel Rosario moved early, and had her just 4 lengths off a 1:09+ pace at the 6f marker. One might think that would compromise her kick, but this is a mare that finished a creditable third behind New Money Honey and Sistercharlie at 10f as a three year old. Eight furlongs? No problem, but give Brown and Rosario, in particular credit, for being willing to take this mare out of her proven style to account for track tendencies, learning from what they had seen previously over the weekend. Ride of the weekend in my view. What was yours?

• Edited November 3, 2019 9:01 am  by  RAESFAN
Gerh

Nov-3

Santana on Mitole for me.

Wintertrian

Nov-3

Manny Franco's ride on Graham Motion's SHARING.   He's the perfect fit for this very game, competitive filly.  $29.60 was an amazing gift to anyone who had her.   I have a "thing" for anything Pleasantly Perfect, sort of the way Raes like MTR. 

In reply toRe: msg 2
Wintertrian

Nov-3

Gerh said...

Santana on Mitole for me.

Mitole looked like a perfect doll.  One thing I can attest to is that Asmussen team always has their horses looking picture perfect, at Oaklawn, even if it's a non-stakes race.   Mitole looked like a top model who stepped off a high end fashion magazine if this were the human world. :) 

Plus2lbs

Nov-3

I would say you show an incredible biad toward MTR offspring...not faulting you.

I would say, given the trip, the best ride was Jose Ortiz on Structor.  I cannot see this horse ever being defeated..but that's why they run the races.

Good luck All..

RAESFAN

Nov-3

I would say you show an incredible biad toward MTR offspring.

You got me! I was very disappointed Friday as none hit the board. But this time it's all about Rosario. He may have discovered a new and better racing style for this mare. 

Plus2lbs

Nov-3

Rosario was on top of his game, no doubt. Wondering about JV..can he still compete at the highest level against the younger jocks?

You have a bias to MTR..I have a bias to

Street Cry..

MTR x Zenyatta..could be anykind.

Turf or dirt.

Gerh

Nov-3

Actually,Rosario’s ride on McKinzie was pretty darn good.With you on Street Cry.I also love Hartnell,he just keeps on competing at a high level

In reply toRe: msg 8
Plus2lbs

Nov-3

Props to Joel Rosario..pity McKinzie was shuffled back early down the backside..was a bold move..didn't come off ..maybe I need to watch again, I have only seen it the one time, but Structor's trip was zero to hero..the sea's parted that day my friend..lol 

Just watched it again...magic.

Reminded me of a favorite of mine from years past.

MTR mare .. I remember mentioning that to Raes one time..was no offence meant.

• Edited November 3, 2019 5:36 pm  by  Plus2lbs
Gerh

Nov-3

Rosario didn’t do too much wrong over the weekend.When he is on he is really good