Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Independence Hall   Triple Crown

Started Nov-4 by RAESFAN; 366 views.
RAESFAN

Nov-4

On BC weekend, they usually contest the Nashua at Aqueduct. It often escapes notice because of the juvy races on the Cup card. Yesterday, a Constitution colt, out of a Cape Town mare, blew away the field by 12 lengths, in 1:34 3/5. The track was playing pretty quick, but the Trombetta trainee was impressive nevertheless.

He defeated a couple of nice ones I was looking at in the process. Meru had won nicely at Monmouth in his previous start, winning the Smoke Glacken Stakes at 6f in 1:08 4/5. He had a bad start, and was only able to secure the place. Ashaar, who had debuted at 7f at Belmont in 1:22 and change, was disappointing as the favorite.

Look forward to this colt in the Remsen in a few weeks. He could be any kind. 

Gerh

Nov-5

He earned a 101 Beyer and 122 Timeform fig for that effort 

In reply toRe: msg 2
RAESFAN

Nov-5

I watched the race again and I see some greenness. I think this is an immensely talented horse that may move forward even more if he runs in the Remsen.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Wintertrian

Nov-8

What does his pedigree/dosage look like?

RAESFAN

Nov-8

Independence Hall {21-a} DP = 3-13-6-0-0 (22) DI = 6.33   CD = 0.86

Strange dosage considering the horses close up in his pedigree(dam side); Seeking The Gold, Storm Cat, and Seaside Attraction(defeated Go For Wand in the Kentucky Oaks).

Wintertrian

Nov-9

RAESFAN said...

Independence Hall {21-a} DP = 3-13-6-0-0 (22) DI = 6.33   CD = 0.86

This is actually incorrect.   Long story, but use the ones from Equiline........they are more correct.  PQ is not keeping up 

Dosage Profile: 3 5 6 0 0 (14)
Dosage Index: 3.67
Center of Distribution: +0.79

RAESFAN

Nov-9

Equiline, you say! Okay, thank you!

Gerh

Nov-9

Equineline.You will be able to access free 5 gen pedigree info.I think pedigreequery started using Australian updates and all the numbers are being screwed up

In reply toRe: msg 8
Wintertrian

Nov-9

Gerh said...

I think pedigreequery started using Australian updates and all the numbers are being screwed up

that is correct.

princeofdoc

Dec-7

Well, WH thinks highly of him....he is presently favored at 8-1!