Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Horses I'm watching this week   General Discussions

Started Nov-8 by Wintertrian; 378 views.
Wintertrian

Nov-8

Ill Will - probably will scratch since he's an AE.   Had a terrible maiden race at SAR where he didn't get out of gate and then got blocked, then had to go very wide. Next out got floated wide.  (not running well at SAR isn't really a bad thing to me, that is a very quirky track AFAIC). On turf at BEL he was VERY wide again, but passed tiring horses in the stretch.  I really hope they try this horse at a longer distance? Meanwhile, he's 30-1 but when and if he DOES put it together, this horse will pay handsomely.  He may just be a "chaser" but I think he's not speedy, but can go longer distances.

Rapt - I won on him last out and it paid handsomely (over $13.00) @ 1-1/8.  He's cutting back in next. Will be interesting to see what he does. 

VJ's Bet - I have a soft spot for this blue collar runner.   Runs at many tracks, often ITM.  I always look for his races.  DeVito is pretty good at CDX and Oaklawn.....at OP he often brings in some nice longshots. 

Spice Road - will he finally break his maiden?   6/5 on the ML for McLaughlin.  Hope he can get out of the gate faster now?  3 seconds and 2 thirds, lets see if he can do this.

Aurelius Maximus - Nice PON colt, ran 4th in the Champagne, previously won at BEL on sloppy track.  Tries his hoofs at AQ this time for Brown @9/2.  Odds are not too bad. Hope it rains. 

RAESFAN

Nov-8

Some nice ones there. I am looking forward to a second time starter by Baffert named Much More Halo. He sprinted 5f in his debut and finished 5th, but with interest. Gets a mile at Del Mar in the 9th at Del Mar. I have been following this 390k two year old purchase since he showed up with works.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Wintertrian

Nov-10

Rapt ran out; Ill Will scratched; VJs Bet scratched.
Spice Road cannot break maiden......fork him for now, maybe he will mature later on
Aurelius Maximus ran 4th despite being 2nd favorite

Wintertrian

Nov-10

I just rarely bet on baffert's because the odds are so depressed due to baffert-factor.  Unless I can find a profitable exotic

RAESFAN

Nov-11

The horse I liked went off at 9/2 because there was a well bred American Pharoah in the race. The favorite won. I don't think Baffert's that great with turf runners, could be wrong. I would like the horse to get on the dirt since he sold for 390k, after working very fast at the sales.

Msg 1364.6 deleted
Gerh

Nov-14

I was thinking the same thing.I usually don’t watch too many workouts because I don’t know what to look for and I have no way of knowing what the trainer intended.I did read that Mongolian Grooms trainer wasn’t overly impressed with the work but that doesn’t mean that the horse was working while injured.Now all of a sudden,all these “experts” have appeared saying that the horse was “off” in his works

Msg 1364.8 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 7
Wintertrian

Nov-15

check yer PMs

Msg 1364.10 deleted