Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

what's wrong with this picture   General Discussions

Started Nov-15 by Wintertrian; 393 views.
Wintertrian

Nov-15

This Bernadini colt ($150K purchase)  ran in the Bluegrass Stakes this year.  That was in April 2019.   

But he started in December 2018, 4 months before that........and has run every single month since then......with no layoff. 

I gave up counting the number of trainers he's been thur.  I gave up at about 7.    :o    

Last race this month, he's in an 11K purse and claiming price was $5,000. (am I wrong to worry that a horse who ran in a $1 million dollar race is up for $5K only 7 months later?  

Please tell me how a horse can be expected to prosper under this scenario.   

He won this one, so I guess he bought himself another race in December.

Basically horse first set foot on a track to race, and has never been let off the track since. 

www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10109078&registry=T

S
ee below.  Last 4 races, 4 different trainers.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Wintertrian

Nov-15

Oh, and last 4 races, he's had 4 different trainers.   I think they should reaname him Hot Potato. 

THere were at least 3-5 other trainers before that.

DogsUp

Nov-15

With that many trainers at assorted tracks..a rightoff, that is a cancellation from an account of a bad debt or worthless asset.

Gerh

Nov-15

If I am not mistaking,Dallas Stewart trained him when he ran in the BlueGrass.I hate to say this but Homeboykris comes to mind.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Wintertrian

Nov-15

Please put him in your stable, help keep an eye on him.  It's been quite painful watching his descent, in such a short period of time, into the bottom-most claimiing levels. 
My hope for him is that some little barn trainer gives him some pasture time, and runs him at appropriate levels since he's only 3, and since he has run ITM (albeit at very low levels) he may not be a total cripple ...... yet.    Somebody could make a reasonable living off a nice horse like this.  A lot of work went into him but seeing him getting passed around like this, and dropping like an anchor, is painful to watch.

You are right about homeboykris comparison.  I'm going to put eyes on him 

Gerh

Nov-15

Just added him

Gerh

Nov-21

Looks like he is racing at Churchill on Saturday.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Wintertrian

Nov-21

Yes, I saw. 

you know when he first started running Calvin carter gave him an A+ score.  That is very high for 2 year old.  Horse has been terribly mismanaged by the "claiming guys", they are like house flippers.   I hope to see that part of racing disappear.  

Gerh

Nov-23

Well,he won at 6-1 and was claimed again.Hope the new owners give him a break

In reply toRe: msg 9
Wintertrian

Nov-25

Another trainer?  Dear god. 

Now you KNOW he won't get a break, because they are not going to "sit on" their money. 

Who is new trainer?  

I think this makes 10+ trainers in less than a year, for a horse that was aimed to the derby gate (but failed miserably).