Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Steve Miller and dosage!   Pedigree/Breeding

Started Dec-31 by RAESFAN; 306 views.
RAESFAN

Dec-31

Just read an article on the Bloodhorse about someone named Steve Miller. He is allegedly continuing the legacy of Dr. Roman! I know there are some on here who were avid followers of the science.

Gerh

Jan-1

Steve Miller has always covered the European scene.I would place a lot more credence in what he says than the Australian guys.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Wintertrian

Jan-5

Gehr is correct.  Steve Roman is well aware of Steve Miller and all is copecetic. 

The australian guys messed up the PQ database, which is why I suggest using equibase for now til all that is straightened out.  Of course PQ wasn't keeping up real well since back in 2006, which is why many dropped their subscriptions there.  No sense paying for inaccurate info.  YOu can however, still get a whole lot more interesting information w/a sub....stuff you would not normally get to see, so it may still be useful to some.  Right now I don't entirely trust it.  

In reply toRe: msg 3
Wintertrian

Jan-5

msg above was suposed to go to Raesfan, not Gehr, but I'm sure he will see it .

In reply toRe: msg 2
TexSquared

Jan-7

So the question is, have the Pedigree Query guys removed the fake "chefs"?   

That's as bad as a crowd-funded Equibase where somebody can go in and, say, undo the DQ in the Derby...

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/237648/steve-miller-carrying-on-the-legacy-of-dosage

RAESFAN

Jan-7

That's the article I read. I didn't know if it was okay to post the link so I merely mentioned it.

Gerh

Jan-7

I think pedigree query is using the wrong numbers still