Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Smarty Jones Stakes OP 1/24/20   Triple Crown

Started Jan-23 by Wintertrian; 346 views.
Wintertrian

Jan-23

$150K  1 Mile

1 Lykan -20/1
2 Silver Prospector- 5/2
3 Shared Sense - 12/1
4 Nucky -10/1
5 Jungle Runner -20/1
6 Gold Street -5/1
7 Shoplifted -3/1
8 Lynn's Map -6/1
9 Three Technique-9/2

Asmussen has 4 horses in a 9 horse race.  

In reply toRe: msg 1
Wintertrian

Jan-23

Tossing the #4 and #1.  I'll let the #9, 8 and 7 beat me for the win.  Too many new riders and trainers to the OP scene on Opening Day so no way to tell.     

Right now I like the 6, 2 as well as the longshots 3 and 5 somewhat.  Not a good betting race in terms of $$ 

Northof64

Jan-23

Put me down for a hundy on Gold Street

North

Msg 1402.4 deleted
Plus2lbs

Jan-24

#5 Jungle Runner. 20/1 ml.

I remember hitting big when his dam, Minx, broke her maiden at GP.  Was their with newbies I had brought to the track. The last race of the day. She won for me and I was King for a Day.

• Edited January 24, 2020 3:01 pm  by  Plus2lbs
Plus2lbs

Jan-24

Well played.

Wintertrian

Jan-25

nice one north  
I went to paddock to decide between my 6 and 2.....end up on the 6, Gold Street after all , but didn't have as much $$ on him as you did. :) 

He is a very alert horse, ears pricked everytime anything at all happened around him.  I like that in a horse, denotes intelligence. 

Three technique was pretty intense, I mean wound tight kinda horse.  Not sure that's my type but he is very strong in back end.   They walked him around the paddock about 7 times and every time he came around he was as wound tight as he originally was. Some people see a fire breather, some people see a horse too  wound tight....I guess we'll see

Northof64

Jan-27

Thanks Plus and Winter.  Was just hoping a front runner could carry his distance further.  The track cooperated.

North