Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Derby 2020 DogsUp Diary   Triple Crown

Started 2/3/20 by DogsUp; 24335 views.
DogsUp

5/26/20

Holy moly! Baffert 'accused at Winter's track Oaklawn and big money won in multiple races that day. ROTF..And we already know her take on Mr. B.

Sparks will be flying from Lady Winter.

I dug a little on the Ortiz (on Maxfield) waving his hand in the head/eye area of another runner. Closing to the line.

Maxfield shied from whipping. A weak maybe Ortiz extended his arm to roust Max's vision. But the other runner had cup blinker and it seemed crunchy. I do like watching it. 

• Edited May 26, 2020 11:10 pm  by  DogsUp
Gerh

5/27/20

Must be the jimsonweed again

smartyslew

5/27/20

yeah laced with hydroxychloroquine.

Gerh

5/27/20

Supposedly tested positive for lidocaine.

DogsUp

5/27/20

Actually the runners

were not wearing their shadow roll protective masks and not obeying 6 ft apart rule.

Gerh

5/28/20

Never good to see a horse racing with a nerve blocker.I don’t know how this could be deemed safe,in fact,it seems totally reckless

In reply toRe: msg 1
DogsUp

5/28/20

Albeit 9 furlongs and NY breds not taking a lion's share of the Belmont Stakes race at the long ball distance; add now the NY bred Tiz the Law comes from same Sakatoga stable as did Funny Cide who is the only NY bred and a gelding to win The Derby and won his Preakness. Lost Belmont TC chance.The Dogs' paw scraps a hard math and a feel that it is the connections/ colt nemesis race in reverse order. 

I envision this probable favorite sailing smoothly (dry track) down the stretch, when he starts looking around at new comers (and jocks who know every path and grain of the big sandy) ...then no crowd noise to take his head out of equine compadres watching. And..this is purely handicapping. Numbers, stats and feel. Not jinx stuff or ill will.

The owners are an outstanding credit to the game. The colt as a stud and NY bred.  Hallelujah. Connections are deserving to be blessed with stud fees.

And yet it is the year of no crowd noise, where, perhaps, they-be' rousting a runner's audio senses.

The Diary will pen this the Howdy Doody effect. And crowd noise can go either way for runner, depends.

"Let's give a rousing cheer, cause Howdy Doody's here." 

• Edited May 28, 2020 9:48 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 1
DogsUp

5/28/20

Nadal - colt I feared out with sustaining season injury