Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Derby 2020 DogsUp Diary   Triple Crown

Started 2/3/20 by DogsUp; 24476 views.
DogsUp

Jun-4

Yeah Yah! The weather news people on TV in NY State are nearly celebrities. The dynamics of weather are so ying yang.

I kinda changed my mind hoping for an aquafied surface. 

What's great is, here it is June and Dogs is ramping up for the TC races. Kinda like the TC is like a hot fudge sundae where the cherry is the last thing one eats. And when one thinks about most other sports..the championship or one big game comes at the end of the season run. I'm singing the classic music "September Song"...."And it's a long-long time (from the first Saturday) from May to September.....

In reply toRe: msg 1
DogsUp

Jun-6

Bel Stakes - The Lg Shot Delta key. Best of last 6 months.

Tap It to Win

DogsUp

Jun-7

More about Tap it To Win seems headed to Belmont Stks

Live Oak Plantation.

Trainer Mark Casse

Johnny Vee irons

$15,000 supplemental fee.  Would normally be (this race not normal) $50,000.

Race / Bel Stakes entries based on established category + money won in those races, and must be non restricted races.

• Edited June 7, 2020 1:36 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 175
DogsUp

Jun-7

Tap it to Win scopes out to be...just like...

Knicks Go 2018 BC Juvey.

Lookin at Lee - Derby

Closing Argument -Derby

Ami's Messa - Gal's BC dirt sprint 7 fl (2017)

All 4 above ran 2nd but were off the radar.

• Edited June 7, 2020 2:05 pm  by  DogsUp
ChiefsCrown

Jun-9

Ami's Mesa?....Doesn't jog the brain cells Dogs. I was very high on Knicks Go to get to the derby, hopefully this one will have something left in the tank come September.

DogsUp

Jun-9

I did blog and show my tri key with Amy's Messa in the 1st, 2 and 3rd hole. Coming into the race she broke a track record for 6.5 furlongs. The filly that ran 2nd to her that day beat Ami in their Breeders Cup next test....just needed a 1/2 FL more. She was Gold Bar at + 50/1  

As for Tap it To Win going strong and reaching the Sept Derby...I'm good with one race at a time 

Although Tap it to Win ran in Allowance race at and On the Belmont sand box last Thursday and carried 120 for the 8.5 furlongs, the colt registered a 139 + change and nearing the record. Bel Stakes is 1/2 furlongs longer. This near record race now has colt for Bel Stakes who

picks up 6 pounds. (d)

Time is real and counts in PPs and in jail.  

• Edited June 9, 2020 9:28 am  by  DogsUp
Msg 1406.179 deleted
ChiefsCrown

Jun-10

Maxfield------Maxpain out

Wells Bayou-----out

Govenverneur Morris----Belmont exit, Bluegrass entry.

87 days until the big dance, expecting more moves after defections!

DogsUp

Jun-11

Initially was pleased to see Warfield passing Bel Stakes for Blue Grass; as for the Bel Stks, Dogs would have and will still key a long shot would be Delta. If Warfield had stayed in the Belmont Stks (now injured)  I would have used him in back up tri bet.

• Edited June 11, 2020 5:06 am  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 181
DogsUp

Jun-11

GMAFB. 

It's only mid June and TITW Tap it to Win is already albeit at the very bottom @ 50/1 on Derby Watch.

And my barking understanding of his breeding I like.