Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Derby 2020 DogsUp Diary   Triple Crown

Started 2/3/20 by DogsUp; 24285 views.
Wintertrian

Jun-13

DogsUp said...

I must confess Tiz the Law is a looker. As a 3 yr old one of the best I've seen. Confirmation, color, carriage, comportment. 

Beautiful horse, to my mind not for the KY Derby though.  Guess we'll see.  Wont be on my ticket first or 2nd, but then again , with all the dropouts and this crazy year, I doubt I'll have a ticket anyway. 

Maxfield and Wells Bayou defection hit me hard. 

DogsUp

Jun-13

We agree. If you read my last 10 or so threads...and speaking to only the Belmont Stakes next Saturday...Im looking closely at Tap It to Win.  The comment on Tis the Law was got lots going. But he has a quirk that comes in the stretch.

In reply toRe: msg 189
DogsUp

Jun-15

Looks like just 9 runners in the Bel Stks and that includes Mott's connections deciding Tuesday to enter Modernist. 

Predict closers will have to run substantially earlier and closer or will run out of enough runway to the wire. At the mile say 134+; at least 4 will be there maybe 5, and taking it home becomes a jockey duel of skill and placement.

Tiz the Law, if off 6/5 or more. Eh.eh. Oh oh. No no.

• Edited June 16, 2020 8:47 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 190
DogsUp

Jun-15

Sole Volante is another late one for Belmont Stks after winning a claimer Optional 100K @ GSPark six horse field.

Has run in larger conditions. I don't think he'll steal the pie.

• Edited June 15, 2020 8:15 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 191
DogsUp

Jun-16

What is the youngest age of a sire when his colt/philly won the Kentucky Derby? Or is it measured by crop perhaps?

In reply toRe: msg 192
DogsUp

Jun-17

Video draw Belmont. I think Johnny Vee can dictate early out. There is a run up that can be taken advantage of.

https://youtu.be/UuOz5caoc90 

As always LOL this is not an easy race as jocks know the course and each other. Versus the out of towners .

• Edited June 17, 2020 12:53 pm  by  DogsUp
Wintertrian

Jun-17

DogsUp said...

Looks like just 9 runners in the Bel Stks and that includes Mott's connections deciding Tuesday to enter Modernist. 

The whole card looks like a So Cal card with very few horses.   NYRA is going to have to do a whole  lot more in order to get any of my $$.

As I understand it they also could not fill that MSW w/out lasix race.....what a shame.  

So NY  gets no wagers from me.   

ChiefsCrown

Jun-17

Dogs......

Looking to play a tri box of 1, 4, 8.

DogsUp

Jun-17

I read....so much of the country's economy depends on shopping by the top income bracket that the wealthiest 25% of Americans account for fully two-thirds of the total decline in spending since January.

---------

This will affect racing's future 

Msg 1406.197 deleted