Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tampa Bay Derby   Triple Crown

Started Mar-5 by Northof64; 622 views.
Northof64

Mar-5

Put me down for a $10 exacta and trifecta box

Sole Volante

Market Analysis

Spa City

North

ChiefsCrown

Mar-5

I got $5 Exacta/box on #1 Texas Swing 12-1 and #5 Market Analysis 8-1.

Don't know much about Spa City. Sole Volante i like for the derby think he's a lock for a gate position but don't think he needs this race as much as say Chance It. Siding with the Toddster here.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Wintertrian

Mar-6

I don't play Tampa so I don't even know that track at all.  I loved pleasantly perfect but i'm leaving Chance It off my ticket here. Too much speed in this race,someone has to play the casualty. 
I'll go wide with 4 horse box:   Texas Swing, Sole Volente, Spa City........throwing in Letmeknow on a hunch. 

Gerh

Mar-7

Really like Sole Volante in here.Looks like there is enough early pace to set up his closing kick.Will use Spa City and Market Analysis.Like you,I think Letmeno is interesting in here.Like Sole he should be coming at the end.In Tampa for the weekend so really looking forward to this

In reply toRe: msg 4
Plus2lbs

Mar-7

Beautiful day for it.

Think #4 Chance it the one to beat..think he will be beat..

NY Groove ..

TB Derby

Win #1

Befuddled.

• Edited March 7, 2020 6:00 pm  by  Plus2lbs
princeofdoc

Mar-7

I played Sole Volante and Texas Swing in a box.....when I looked back at the PP's, King Guillermo was actually favored vs. Sole in his last, blistering fractions on the turf that he couldn't sustain.  Knowing that speed holds at TB, King easily could've been thrown in at the price in the exotics.....in his 3 lifetime races, he was never over 4-1.  I should have spent more time, looking more closely.

On the other hand, Texas Swing impressed me....looked like he had given up at the top of the stretch, but he kept coming.  Look for him to be competitive in the BG or the Wood and get into the Derby.  I bought a little ticket on him at 125-1 before the race at WH :)

Wintertrian

Mar-8

A good observation.  For sure. 

I left Chance It off my ticket, and it was the right thing to do, if that longshot hadn't ruined my exacta box.......

These are races at 1-1/16th.  I don't get too excited yet.   

RAESFAN

Mar-8

King Guillermo impressed me quite a bit, after breaking from the far outside, and getting into good stalking mode, finished very strongly. Sole Volante mad a run, but never threatened the winner. He will need a legitimate pace in his races.

Gerh

Mar-8

The pace was a lot slower than I expected.King Guillermo controlled it beautifully.I was really impressed with the way Sole Volante made up ground.of the two,he’s the one I would prefer going forward

In reply toRe: msg 9
RAESFAN

Mar-8

I agree. Sole Volante is still my number one Derby horse, but as I said, he may be a little pace dependent. King "William" suprised at a big price, but had actually run some nice figures already. He is a legitimate runner that will exploit a soft pace if he can get it, and will be tough to reign(excuse the pun) in!