Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Derby to be run September   General Discussions

Started Mar-17 by DogsUp; 362 views.
DogsUp

Mar-17

So will the Preakness & Belmont Stakes go as scheduled? DogsUp arf! arf! humor. At the end of the article it was a criminal justice reporter that wrote the article. They'll need his expertise in the near future to explain one goes to jail for t-bred racing criminal acts.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/kentucky-derby-to-be-postponed-until-september-as-concerns-heighten/article_5e88ecce-6557-11ea-8c64-1bf69c1bc962.html

• Edited March 17, 2020 5:05 am  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 1
RAESFAN

Mar-17

So after the Derby points races are over in April. What will those horses do until September? King Guillermo was to train up to the Derby. That will have to change, I would assume. Has there ever been a time when the TC races were run in a different sequence?

TexSquared

Mar-17

There have been years when the Preakness was run before the Derby, or even on the same day.

This is going to mess up the Derby points system...  the Travers should become a 200 point race :-) 

DogsUp

Mar-17

The 20 colts/connections who have made it to the Derby September line-up have but 2 options: Race in suitable winnable races. At large races and if the Preakness and Belmont are actually run before The Derby, the PP condition preferences for each race would change a bit.

I believe we would see a full field in Preak if it preceded the Sept Derby date and run in May. Same for Belmont.. And if Bel Stks carded at Saratoga fan attendance overwhelmingly rocking.

But being in the Derby is everyman's dream. So keep a colt sound + happy

• Edited March 17, 2020 1:06 pm  by  DogsUp
Wintertrian

Mar-17

RAESFAN said...

King Guillermo was to train up to the Derby

He wasn't nominated I don't believe. So that means a big supplemental fee?
He has zero shot here.  I'm surprised they are continuing to go thru with this

oh right.......the Dream

twoshots

Mar-17

RAESFAN said:

So after the Derby points races are over in April. What will those horses do until September?

Probably won't be many prep races in April, if any at all. Keeneland has canceled the whole spring meet.

smartyslew

Mar-17

I suggest omit the 3 yr olds out of the breeders cup this year and run the tc

series in august and september, or even in october. you have to do what ever you have to do

to survive, all earthlings 2 legged and 4 legged.

RAESFAN

Mar-18

We may have to wrap our heads around the possibility of no TC this year. This situation is not being well managed. When it comes to these things, you have to have a system already in place. Our “sick care” system sucks! It is reactive! Mitigation will be super-expensive. How are we going to pay for it?