Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Preakness on October 3   Triple Crown

Started May-6 by TexSquared; 997 views.
TexSquared

May-6

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/preakness-stakes-october-nbc-sports

The key phrase there is "The TV time is booked" meaning... "Notre Dame has a night game that day so we can slot you in before the 7:30PM ET kickoff at Wisconsin..." take a look: https://fbschedules.com/notre-dame-football-schedule/

Plus2lbs

May-7

Sounds like a pretty good deal Maryland horsemen just got. Stronachs are pleased...

I really enjoyed the Autumn I spent at Laurel Pk.

Millions Day..DeFrancis Dash..up close with the Godolphin Stable.

Won a wager with the Jockey agent. 

He swore Drosselmyer was the deal..

I said Heart Butte..He paid...lolol. 

Horse broke his maiden at Keeneland that day..in a

Ding dong battle.

My Derby horse that year..he was a TP trainee got hurt and was gelded..TPs other horse SS from Winstar won it I believe.

Still shake my head at that one.

I won on Drosselmyer two times after that.

Best o' health

• Edited May 10, 2020 9:18 pm  by  Plus2lbs
TexSquared

May-10

And of course hours after that "leak" Stronach Group says they won't confirm that date and others were mentioned.

We might well have a reverse Triple Crown with the Belmont run first then Preakness then Derby.   Whatever they do, the Belmont needs to stay at  1 1/2 miles (even if it's run first) or else a Triple Crown sweep should be asterisked.  Doesn't seem right for a horse to get the TC trophy if he took advantage of an easier 1 1/4 mile Belmont.  (some might argue the sweep should be asterisked since he got to do it with an extra 2-3 months of conditioning rather than start the series in early May).

Plus2lbs

May-10

Of course..u are correct.

Belmont 1 1/2 mile.

ChiefsCrown

May-10

Belmont, Preakness, Derby.....reverse order. Doesn't seem right. So if a 3 yr. old doesn't win the first 2 legs, what's the incentive to run in the Derby?, money? prestige?....doesn't sound right. Maybe we'll have the long sought after 12 to 14 horse run Derby that a lot of people clamor for?

Here in Upstate NY the OTB's are still on lockdown. The pandemic already cost me a $488 trifecta in last weeks Ark Derby #2.

Thanks for everything CHINA!!

PISTOL9

May-10

Right after they announced the Preakness on that day, it put an end to a traditional TC.  I would not consider any TC this year equivalent to past.  I also was thinking it is too late for Belmont to run on it's traditional day, and maybe even a bit to late to announce they will run it at the end of Belmont regular meet in order to get horse to train and point to it.  Would they do the "Belmont" at Saratoga?  I have not followed enough to hear when they will run in NY again.  I think CD is maybe a week away. 

ChiefsCrown

May-10

As of right now Emperor Cuomo has to have 7 items of the Covid on his checkoff list to open the state. Right now I believe he has 4. Doubt very much racing comes back in NY State any earlier than mid-July, lets hope its sooner. Local sports reported Saratoga could go down if racing doesn't resume. Big influx of $$ even w/o fans in the venue won't help the Spa. Just doesn't seem like a triple crown year. Going to seem like 4 year olds running in the derby this September....surreal!

Stay safe!

TexSquared

May-10

Other than the prestige the Derby also has the biggest purse, $3 million this year, with $2 million going to the winner...

Gerh

May-12

I think this is the longest that anything made in China ever lasted.

In reply toRe: msg 1
TexSquared

May-18

And of course as expected the leaked date was the right one.  I just can't see the Belmont being run right before the BC, so I fully expect a Belmont - Derby - Preakness TC series this year.