Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Bluegrass   Triple Crown

Started Jul-10 by princeofdoc; 382 views.
princeofdoc

Jul-10

Winter brought it up.....says "no clue", so I took that as a sign that we should start a thread!  Also mentioned a dream, so, Winter, if you do awaken with a horse's name from a dream, do share with us!

I think it's a great betting race!  I love Art Collector here, and I've already mentioned him as one of my UTR horses for the Derby.  Unfortunately, I do believe he'll be bet down to the favorite, as I just don't see the filly taking favorite money, though I hope she does.

I also like the outside horse, as Mott is clever, and this turf-only horse may be better than most of these.  A generous 15-1 morning line that I see getting bet down, probably to 10-1 or so, I think he may surprise and hit the board.  Finally, Attachment Rate is my longshot to get at least in the super, if not the tri.....I do see that Johnny V chose Shivaree over him, but we cannot be sure it was the jock's decision; perhaps Romans believes Saez gives him a better chance.

Mr. Big News is an interesting question mark for me.....would not be surprised to see him run well too.

Wintertrian

Jul-11

Looks like you found 4 nice horses with good odds.  Wish you the best of luck here!

I like your Art Colletor too, but he and the 10 will take a whole lot of $$ and odds won't be great.   Horses I like are Mr. Big News, Tiesto, Shivaree and Enforceable....for the distance.   But no telling what the speed is going to do here. 

BTW, Saez has tested + for coronavirus.   Like Espinoza, I think he was feeling fine though.  Saez rode in R1 today at KEE then was taken off mounts.  They have to quit allowing all these tight shoulder to shoulder winners circle photos.  I know people want to pose w/their horse but doing so unprotected probably not a good idea? 

princeofdoc

Jul-11

Thanks for the update, Winter!  I was unaware of his testing, wondered why he was removed from his mounts.  And he wasn't feeling symptoms?  Are the jocks tested after each race?  What about false positives?  Every scientist I listen to mentions that transmission is far less probable outside.....the reason why the spike in Tulsa after the Trump rally indoor was more than any of the cities where there were outdoor protests.

I may be way off here, but I am literally shocked that the filly is taking so much action here.....don't think she would be even a top 3 bet in the Oaks, but here at less than 2-1?!?  I still like Art Collector, and I'll be playing him with my longshots Attachment Rate and Tiesto.  Should be a great race!

In reply toRe: msg 2
Wintertrian

Jul-11

The chalk ran 1-2-3 in perfect order; horses ran exactly to their odds even the 4th horse

Congrats on Art Collector, Prince!

Msg 1481.5 deleted
smartyslew

Jul-11

Art Collector has a nice pedigree and ran very good splits today.

However in my opinion he doesn't belong in the derby field'

his first race as a 3yr old was on May 7th after being off since November

last year after finishing first in a race and being D qued for failing a drug test.

He would not have Qualified for the original field and failing a drug test

in my opinion knocked him out. However they let Baffert run horses down the road

after they fail drug tests and its a opinion of mine thats wrong,especially this case

when the Derby was cancelled because of covid 19, he would not have made the original field..

https://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbPDFChartPlus.cfm?RACE=6&BorP=P&TID=CD&CTRY=USA&DT=11/30/2019&DAY=D&STYLE=EQB

princeofdoc

Jul-11

Failing drug test is too vague for me......I'd like to know which drug, how much over the allowed amount was in his system, etc.....i just don't see that trainer doing anything that would jeopardize his horse, or his horse's chances moving forward.

I do think he belongs, and he should go off as one of the choices under 7-1, along with Honor, Authentic, and Tiz.... of course we'll have to see what happens in the Travers and the Haskell, but I like his chances.  I did bet him right before the race at 33-1 for the Derby, so I'm biased, but I think he could be in the mix!

smartyslew

Jul-11

They waited 6 months to return, hmmnn I wonder why?

I think its documented what drug used.

Its a shame another good pedigree damaged with illegal drugs.

smartyslew

Jul-11

I did some DD for Ya.

I do agree with you about the new Trainer.I thought Joe Sharp still trained the horse.
he's worthy of a shot.

Same owner-breeder.
-
Levamisole isn't for sale in the USA
Drug testing of racehorse urine has led to the revelation that among levamisole equine metabolites are both pemoline and aminorex, stimulants that are forbidden by racing authorities.[19][20][21] Further testing confirmed aminorex in human and canine urine, meaning that both humans and dogs also metabolize levamisole into aminorex.,[22] ]
An interesting adverse side effect these reviewers reported in passing was "neurologic excitement". Later papers, from the Janssen group and others, indicate levamisole and its enantiomer, dexamisole, have some mood-elevating or antidepressant properties, although this was never a marketed use of the drug
-
In reply toRe: msg 9
Wintertrian

Jul-12

If there was a 'real Belmont' this year my money would be on Mr. Big News after watching this race.  He can make headway in the stretch, still had something in the tank.   Needed longer and can do longer.  
Rushie was at his top upper end at 1-1/8, and that was pushing it for him. 
Would have liked to see what Attachment Rate did if he hadn't got bumped. 

Hope Tiesto is okay?

As for Baffert, in ARK just another "contamination"......9x what it should have been, not just on 1 horse but on 2.  That's like lightning striking twice.  Add in his other, um......incidences in the past, I think there aren't too many people left on the planet who believe Baffert runs clean.