Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Haskell day photos   Triple Crown

Started Jul-20 by TexSquared; 166 views.
Husker (Birdman506)

Jul-20

Just curious - because there is a travel ban between Canada and US are you confined to Canadian tracks for now?

TexSquared

Jul-21

It's complicated.  The land border is "closed" in both directions but if I (Canadian citizen) had to get into the USA I could fly in and be allowed in.  Silly loophole.  

Cindy is a dual USA/Canada citizen; no country can deny entry to its own citizens so she could drive across and be allowed in.  However, when she returns to Canada there is a mandatory 2 week quarantine (and it's enforced like house arrest - big fines and/or jail time if caught in violation) for anybody entering the country (so even citizens/permanent residents).  Which is bad because that means for 2 weeks she's essentially a prisoner in our house and can't work/shop/etc.

As for Canadian tracks, as of now Woodbine is not allowing outside media to come in to photograph their races.  So I can't even go shoot there.  They did move all their big stakes later in year -- Queen's Plate is a week after the Kentucky Derby -- probably in hopes that restrictions would be lifted by then.  Remains to be seen if things go their way.

-Tex

Husker (Birdman506)

Jul-21

Very interesting.  Then again, Canada appears to be doing a much superior job of holding the virus in check.  Thanks for explaining.