Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fort McHenry   Triple Crown

Started Jul-31 by Wintertrian; 213 views.
Wintertrian

Jul-31

WAsn't this guy on a Derby list at some point?

Magnier paid $1,000,000 for him as a yearling..........now in a claimer race for $8,000 today at Golden Gate.  Ouch.  I think he must have had an early injury and didn't come out right. 

I've kept him in my stable for a while now, precisely because I suspected this is what might happen to him.  You can just tell about some horses and then you start to worry about them.   Hope he doesn't end up with anhone horrible. 

In reply toRe: msg 1
Wintertrian

Jul-31

My thoughts on this.....Pletcher ruined him as a 2 year old, then O'neil got him. 
He had that bad stumble at GS at 2 then Pletcher ran him in a stakes over his head less than a month later.  Most of the charts talk about him stumbing.  He wasn't conditioned properly!  
I kept him in my stable because I really did "see this coming". 
Most of the horses in my stable these days are not horses I think will win, but horses I am keeping an eye out for their welfare in the event they start to move thru lower level races. 

I think he could win today though......let's hope.  Cuz he really is not an 8K claimer horse for goodness sake.  

In reply toRe: msg 2
Wintertrian

Aug-1

Put a fork in this one.  

Sad.  Ran 6th.  In an 8K claimer.   A milllion dollar yearling. 

Horse racing in the U.S. exemplified.

Plus2lbs

Aug-1

"Horse racing in the US exemplified"..

Whoa yer horses.

• Edited August 1, 2020 3:28 pm  by  Plus2lbs
Wintertrian

Aug-1

Plus2lbs said...

Whoa yer horses.

Water Hay Oats Alliance.  ALL the horses. 

Wintertrian

Aug-1

By the way, the horse was claimed.  Claim was voided. 
Vet Watch.  
That is precisely WHY I had him on my watch list.  You can tell about horses if you make it your business to follow the ones that seem to be "at risk" on the race track.  
Something has been wrong with him for a while now.