Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Derby Top 10   Triple Crown

Started Aug-1 by princeofdoc; 3623 views.
In reply toRe: msg 11
PISTOL9

Aug-22

Ok now CD is going to run without fans at all.  Might as well have ran it on original date.

GamblingMel

Sep-1

Sorry about Art Collector.    

In reply toRe: msg 6
PISTOL9

Sep-1

Well, my list of derby horses is now zero and that is my interest in the race as well.

princeofdoc

Sep-2

Me too!  I was really optimistic about his chances in upsetting Tiz....and my upset special was Caracaro, who I had at 125-1, so that was disappointing too.

I still have 2 starters live.....Max at 100-1 and Attachment at 150-1....maybe one of them will make me smile!

In reply toRe: msg 6
cubs.fan

Sep-2

Here's my top 5:

1. Tiz the Law

2. Major Fed

3. Honor AP

4. Enforceable

5. Max Player

I envision this race playing more like Travers Round 2 rather than the Derby. Horses with certain pedigrees tend to dominate more so later in the year.

• Edited September 3, 2020 4:12 am  by  cubs.fan
cubs.fan

Sep-2

Before he was withdrawn, was interested in your thoughts on Shirl's Speight and his regular rider, Rafael Hernandez. He was a dominate jock at my local track for a number of years.

Msg 1487.24 deleted
Oldbettowin

Sep-2

Evening all!  Hope everyone has been well.  I haven’t been paying much attention to the derby this year since it’s kind of like a mulligan year.  I did give the pp’s a glance so I could play in a contest.  He’s my top...7

Honor A.P.
Authentic
Tiz the Law
South Bend
King Guillermo
Max Player
Money Moves

PISTOL9

Sep-3

Oldbettowin said:

Money Moves

I was trying to figure out this ones entry.  Can't remember if Lapenta is still alive or not.  Some in that group just want a Derby runner/good seats, allowed in?  Or maybe TAP wanting to keep his strike alive, ala his mentor?  I remember years ago, some were thinking about putting in a maiden, but did not. Can't believe this one is well intended.   I always played the Don't Get Mad horse on bottoms ever since don't get mad.  I'm thinking SB or MBN fits that role,  I think MBN also does not have points, but SB does.

In reply toRe: msg 26
Wintertrian

Sep-3

I seem to jinx myself when I give my picks publically, so I think I'll hold off on that for now. 

Here's a contribution though: If anyone is playing the super high five put Mr. Big News in 5th. :)