Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2020 KY DERBY PICKS / LONGSHOT   Handicapping

Started Sep-5 by JayCeesPicks; 861 views.
JayCeesPicks

Sep-5

Hay guys, hay!  Need help with the Derby?  Help is here!!

https://youtu.be/YNnierHgGpk

Thanks for stoppin', have a good day, and good luck!

ChiefsCrown

Sep-5

Playing a couple of plays for the derby....

$2 trifecta box-----Tiz the Law, Ny Traffic, Thousand Words

$1 superfecta box--- Tiz the Law, Honor AP, Max Player, South Bend.

Good luck on everyones picks....Cash them tix!!!!

Oldbettowin

Sep-5

I think Thousand Words could definitely mess up some exotics.  I look for the Travers runners to all take a step back today.  

Northof64

Sep-5

Tri box TTL-major fed-attachment rate-money moves-HAP - $60.  Then TTL over MF-MM-AR-NYT-MP over same for $20 Good Luck to all!! North

ShaddyisBack

Sep-5

money mover and pray !!!

In reply toRe: msg 5
Wintertrian

Sep-5

I used South Bend on top for a few.  Bombs away

smartyslew

Sep-5

8-1 on Honor Ap is my pick for the win.

He was and is my 2nd horse after Maxfield

and I'm sticking with him.

NY traffic is jumping out at me. 5 races this year and a improved number for each race.

TTL still the one to beat.

PISTOL9

Sep-5

Pedigree matters except when a horse is "trained" by BB  Into Mischief "Sire Stats:  AWD 6.8" over Mr Greeley "Dam'sSire: AWD 6.9"   I did not have authentic, Had the 2-5 placed horses in my super (plus some other horses) mixed on bottom.  Played 2,4,5th horses heavy.  Just had one tic with MBN in 2nd.  Also played SV heavy with the other three. 

smartyslew

Sep-5

I played a ticket with Ny traffic  and honor ap with Ttl lone speed Authentic and Maxplayer

and Ny traffic ran like ny traffic and bumped honor ap back to next to last and he was lucky to get up for 4th. I had 1-2-4-5 with Winters Bomb in 3rd . I hear you about Baffert, saying that. his pedigree should be the speed of the speed ,but not the winner by thye Peds.

PISTOL9

Sep-5

MBN and SV are RFed to some classy reines which was a good part of me using them.  SV had good pace numbers from the old Dr Roman method tiz MP were right up in all as well.  Authentic had the worst numbers from a pace standpoint.  Too fast early, not good turn time or last quarter, in fact races were at bottom of most categories (don't have PFs of course and probably was one of the tops there)  With it being late in the year most horses had good turn times and qualified.  It really showed the difference of an early spring 3yo versus late summer.

NYT did really mess up HAP  that would have been close to where the Aux gate would have been, so maybe did not make a difference.