Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Preakness   Triple Crown

Started Sep-11 by Ticketman; 3941 views.
Ticketman

Sep-11

Dogs ... any feel on the Preakness ? ........ 

My bro feel Tiz The Law is done .... ?? .... Not sure I agree ? 

Any feel on Tiz ?? 

Thank you ! 

DogsUp

Sep-11

Hey good morning.

Odds makers (for Preakness advance-future pools) overseas signal Authentic will be fave.And one, OM thinks TTL won't run and did not list. 

In my last threads in Dogs Diary here, the connections had to see what I saw in previous races and K Derby...Tiz the Law..shuffles? Zig zags. And I don't think it's a quirky lead change or something.  I posted the NBC Derby at Diary here and you can see for yourself.

If TtL does run and wins PRK. The power and prestige of Derby winner Authentic will create quandary for 3 yr old horse of the year. And the out of order trio of races and shortened Belmont Stakes is Advantage for Authentic HOY.

I did think if TtL won Derby and then the PRK would be for TC there would be a short field and then perhaps 2 to 3 local horses. Would have not got lathered up about tri with the 2 power horses running. And would gone more horizontal.  So without and still iffy, TTL passes PRK a larger field.  

TTL crew may sit PRK out in that his KDY race in the stretch and to me more downside in the next..bounce? Authentic, lightly raced, ah without looking it up colt's final time looks like top 10 fastest times ..

PRK shorter distance. Authentic not wore torn 3 y o Derby Champ

• Edited September 11, 2020 11:17 am  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 2
Ticketman

Sep-11

Thank you Dogs !! Appreciate your reply .... I see where some sites offering odds on .... 1000 Words / Art Collector / King Guillermo / Dr Post .... all would be newcomers from Derby ... 

DogsUp

Sep-11

I added more to my 1st thread. Had interruption.

We need a big field..

Make my day.

Earlier threads said.

Dogs feels a double down/All In that this year's leading point holder and probable ML and Post Time fav Tiz the Law will comport to opposing runners.

OK. Trainer Barclay Tagg in the workout video is asked to rate the workout of Tiz the Law. He responds. Then starts talking about his competitor trainer and how much faster his/Baffert steads work.

• Edited September 11, 2020 12:48 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 4
RAESFAN

Sep-14

I like to go through the many trouble lines in the Derby every year. Although it was one of the more cleanly run Derbies, with that many horses, there was no escaping it. Honor A.P. was wide the entire way around after a poor start, yet still ran on well. I think with the return of King Guillermo, Art Collector, and even Thousand Words, a contested pace is assured. Honor A.P. will be live!

In reply toRe: msg 4
ChiefsCrown

Sep-14

Honor AP has been retired! Now no legit closer against a speed field. Still like Ny Traffic but would like to see Mike Smith hop aboard. Lopez gave him a bad ride regardless of a lost shoe in the first turn.

Thoughts?

DogsUp

Sep-14

Everyone knew the speed colts would go out early and stay-on for the course distance. Ergo field burn out early trying to stay with them. And  1000 was closing at the right time and earned 3rd. 

Tiz the Law connections have to be,ah..besides themselves, trying to figure out how to correct the shuffle move that their runner made at the most critical time in a race. DERBY no less. That was suppose to be straightening-out, running straight down the path/lane. And not looking around at empty  grandstand. This isn't a blinkers or lead change correction. Perhaps worse the colt misques the jock's hand, feet, weight shift commands.

Gettie up means something else?

There is a term in racing called a bird watcher. But it doesn't apply here, rather in the breeding shed. Looking at birds and not getting down to business..Tiz looks around.

But beyond TtL not getting busy ..watching elsewhere..instead of looking straight ahead in the closing opportunity...I'm calling what cost him the race the Teaberry Shuffle. The shuffle zig zag move and brushed the winner. And wow if we had more contact and Tiz won.. a Stew inquiry?! Holy Moly.

A tune by Herb Alpert..Mexican Shuffle for Teaberry chewing gum ad. TIz got Teaberry/Mexican shuffle. Drummer is Nick Ceroli.

https://youtu.be/T2NZIvlWevY

• Edited September 14, 2020 5:10 pm  by  DogsUp
DogsUp

Sep-14

Paco. Paco..Paco is what I yell out when he makes daring spit  horses moves nearing the line.

Sometimes the Stews aren't on board with Paco and my intended results. DQ.

This Derby had more subs up than Subway.

Derbys past had more elite riders with their mounts that they earned a ticket to the Derby Dance. The virus has created Upset everywhere to  include jocks named to ride this Derb.

Top jocks in a 20 field congregation create the 2 minute spector rush all the way around the oval trip.

The Preak is shorter. So I'd ride my colt..faster.

Weather cooler for Preak. due date  switch. About 69 degrees is when records are set or nearly.

Baffman and Johnny Vee no change the recipe. Get out early and run fast. Often. Rock Hard Ten game plan.

NY Traffic got cut up and required a staple repair. Kind of doubtful.

• Edited September 14, 2020 5:27 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 8
ChiefsCrown

Sep-14

Baffert hasn't lost a Preakness after winning the derby, 5 for 5. Two weeks out, we'll see if which Baffert horse can keep the streak going. Last 20 winners of the B-more race, the longest shot i believe was Oxbow @ 15/1, faves do well here.

DogsUp

Sep-14

Didn't know that Baf stat. Makes sense. Going for TC via race 2. Not many challengers.

I definitely got to sleep on the feel of the math for 6 in a row.

Tiz not committed  yet. Art Collector fresh and arguably could have a good accounting.

Tiz connections know if Authentic wins two legs of TC..3 y o horse of yr goes out the window for them.

Authenic can get extra mil $ from Monmouth winning  the Hask, now KDY and on to win BC Classic. Hask was a BC win n in.

Want big field. And a select horizontal. Heck. The BC pops up soon after. (d)

• Edited September 14, 2020 8:01 pm  by  DogsUp