Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

...and just like that, Authentic retired   General Discussions

Started Nov-10 by Wintertrian; 1526 views.
Wintertrian

Nov-10

What a joke.  what a grift. 

US Racing isn't racing.   

I'ts a breeding operation money laundering scheme with 10s of millions down the line. 

Bet you couldn't even move $10 from your AWD account to your bank this quickly LOL 

No need to reply, I know there will be apologists and I'm in no mood.   LOL 

ChiefsCrown

Nov-10

Maximum Security retired to Ashford Stud for 20K fee. 

So...Authentic, Max, Improbable, Global Campaign, Tom;s De'Tat, all retired!

Never seen so many runners in the BC Classic get retired after that race.

The old guys Higher Power and Tacitus are still in the mix. maybe one of them win it next year.

Wintertrian

Nov-10

ChiefsCrown said...

So...Authentic, Max, Improbable, Global Campaign, Tom;s De'Tat, all retired!

Racing is an afterthought.  

Don't kid yourself.  

It;s exactly as I said earlier.  I'm not getting in on this grift any longer 

And, even if you tried to enjoy the race itself, a Baffert (cheater drugger) exacta, on a scraped down track.   Oh, how exciting!

PISTOL9

Nov-10

Let's hope their fate is better than Arrogate.

RAESFAN

Nov-10

We are of like mind. I came on here to post about this, and saw that you beat me to it.

"We turned over every option, believe me," said Spendthrift president Eric Gustavson. "We did contemplate the Pegasus, and it is nice for the purse money, but it would not change anything regarding his stature at this point or his stud fee. It just didn't make sense for us."

The last sentence says it all. It's all about them, to heck with the race fans. I guess they had never considered a four year old campaign, giving this horse an opportunity to possibly become one of the greats.

Maybe they know something we don't. How many Baffert three year olds race beyond their three year old campaigns? I'm thinking McKinzie and Arrogate off the top of my head, and maybe there is a tendency towards diminishing returns?

• Edited November 10, 2020 5:53 pm  by  RAESFAN
ChiefsCrown

Nov-10

Actually....i was mildly surprised it wasn't a Baffert trifecta! As long as he's the "face" of thoroughbred horse racing he'll get all the "big" horses to train.

Classic case of the rich get richer.

Nobody has the nerve to touch the teflon Bob on the drug issues.

Wintertrian

Nov-11

ChiefsCrown said...

Nobody has the nerve to touch the teflon Bob on the drug issues.

Oaklawn did.  At least they didn't conspire against the betting public to hide it.  

Gerh

Nov-11

Oaklawn is a professionally run operation and it doesn’t need Bob Baffert as it continually provides a great product.Nobody in Southern California has the backbone to stand up to him so he will continue at the same old game there

ChiefsCrown

Nov-11

Win or lose, at least Tiz the Law's ownership will run him @4. Maybe a few others off last years derby trail will show up also.

DogsUp

Nov-11

IMO while TTL was running G1 wins in a row the connections were saying the colt was on my cliche 'automatic pilot. They'd say what he did in his AMs works was what he wanted to do and they were in approval. 

Then before his Derby Dogs said he was awkward in the stretch. And wouldn't win the Ky Derby. And he did his shuffle zig zag and held 2nd. 

With that I went with Tiz not hitting the board in Classic. Colt does not like to be smothered along the rail.

And they blamed jockey Franco and will go to new jock. This is the Seattle Slew rerun. 

2021. First race the usual  7fl Allowance. After that. Pegasus/January/Gulfstream. (Edit...Johnny V named new rider) Probably Irad or JJ Castellano. They will know the quirk. But. There's nothing they can do about it. Even if they work the colt in the AMs. As did Franco.

It's when TTL is running in a field of competition that he is somewhat affected. Tainer Tagg and connections surely are extremely competent and experienced seasoned upstanding players.

Perhaps they have a case though that it's not their child that has the fault. 

Footnote:Franco worked TTL AMs.Agent Cordero went with him to ride. Cordero's life time friend and protégé  Johnny V wanted to ride TTL. That's what split them. 

• Edited November 14, 2020 12:35 pm  by  DogsUp