Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Brad Cox Has Another One!   Triple Crown

Started Nov-15 by RAESFAN; 635 views.
RAESFAN

Nov-15

After taking down the BC Juvy, giving him the early favorite for the 2021 Kentucky Derby, Cox had one break his maiden today in impressive fashion. After a couple of 2nd place finishes, Caddo River, by Hard Spun, out of a Congrats mare, blew away a field of maidens today at Churchill. He ran the mile in 1:35 1/5. That time doesn't tell the full tale of this 9 length victory. He basically jogged through the stretch, after putting the field away with fractions of :22. :44, and 1:09! Looked like Authentic out there.

PISTOL9

Nov-29

I did a quick ped check on the future bet candidates this weekend and BB actually has one with a good ped.  I messed up and forgot about it till it was too late for the future so I put a bet down on the sire which for some reason was still up.  difference of 36-1 vs 23-1 but does have the potential for others running.  Maybe the BB magical formula won't work with a decent pedigree.

RAESFAN

Nov-30

5-1 on Life Is Good is crazy at this stage. I actually like the pedigree on the one he rushed into the BC Juvy. Empire Maker, out of a Bernardino mare? I’m curious to see how that one develops if brought along properly.

PISTOL9

Dec-1

That is CLASSIER, I believe you  and/or others have mention all the good ones coming out of Bernardini BMS lines. Surprised he was not on the list.  The one I went down on is API bmsire line (Malibu Moon) over La Troienne tf., or rather the sire (QR) since I missed the individual cutoff.

• Edited December 1, 2020 2:18 pm  by  PISTOL9
princeofdoc

Dec-22

Happen to be in Vegas, went by the Circa, now the only place with Derby futures, and for some reason, the previous price of 40-1 was raised to 100-1, so I got a ticket for the value.....hoping that Classier gets back into the game soon.  His recent works are slow for BB, so just wondering what the plans are...

horseman1985

Dec-22

Hmm... Interesting

princeofdoc

Jan-11

Cox has Mandaloun running this weekend at FG in the points race too.....let's see how good he is!

RAESFAN

Jan-23

Caddo River certainly lived up to his billing. That was almost too easy!