Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Senor Buscador "Springs" into action!   Triple Crown

Started Dec-20 by RAESFAN; 1808 views.
RAESFAN

Dec-20

Did anyone see the Springboard Mile? The Mineshaft colt(out of a mare whose sire is by Fappiano) circled the field from last to first, to win going away, looking like he wants more distance. Check him out. He did this off of a debut race where he won in similar come from behind fashion sprinting.

• Edited December 20, 2020 3:43 am  by  RAESFAN
horseman1985

Dec-20

gonna check soon

smartyslew

Dec-21

Pencil him in for the Belmont with that 23b family with some Baby league 1x lines 

the Dams Sire never raced he's the Sire of Peppers Pride 19 wins in a row and not many

Quality Mares in the breeding shed, lots of Stamina in the 5th generation and a Possible

Tc contender imo.

RAESFAN

Dec-21

What I love about him is that he was able to win sprinting in his debut. He doesn’t seem to need a particularly fast pace, or a lot of ground. He looks to be “push button”. He will launch an impressive kick regardless of the distance. His jock didn’t even mind going a few extra lanes wide into the stretch. Just don’t get him stopped. Nice horse!

smartyslew

Dec-21

I think the Jock knew where the best part of the stretch was and it was a heady ride

and that doesn't take anything away from the horse.

edit to add Equibase speed number 1st race 77, this race a 107, that's a big improvement .

the 2nd and 3rd place finishers followed him home might be a track bias wide that should be noted.

• Edited December 21, 2020 6:26 pm  by  smartyslew
RAESFAN

Dec-21

Seventy-seven to 107 is a huge jump! That also impressed me to see him improve so much stretching out, and only in his second start. Who knows what his ceiling is? They need to shut him down until February. He will need some time to recover.

I wonder if the phones are ringing off the hook. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about a private purchase soon.

princeofdoc

Dec-22

He's a half-brother to Runaway Ghost, the winner of the Sunland Derby a few years back......more than likely he'll end up in the Asmussen barn, doubt that the father/son breeders will want to sell

princeofdoc

Jan-2

He just starting working again, at Sam Houston.......he's 40-1 on the futures board, a little short considering the inexperience of the owners/trainer.  May try for the FG preps, interesting to keep an eye out....

smartyslew

Jan-2

Rock Your World won this MSW on turf at Santa Anita ,Well bred, geared Down

and Maybe they try dirt, one to watch IMO. Others in this 6-f race looks promising.
I think even on Turf this is a Key race for 3 yr olds . Some closed ground with good splits

in a 6f race.  Equibase Awarded 100 speed figure to this geared down firster.

Candy Ride/ Empire Maker a Fappiano/Fappiano Nick

https://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/SA010121USA9.pdf