Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

1st points races of 2021   Triple Crown

Started Dec-30 by princeofdoc; 756 views.
princeofdoc

Dec-30

Looks like the season will begin with a whimper rather than a bang, as only 5 are entered in both the Jerome on
Friday at Aqueduct, and the Sham at Santa Anita on Saturday.....probably a Cox-Baffert pick two

In reply toRe: msg 1
princeofdoc

Jan-1

Not much of a race in the Jerome today......going with the outside horse, and possibly a bit on the 1, as Street Sense colts do well in the mud.

Don't see any of these going forward as Derby candidates......

In reply toRe: msg 2
princeofdoc

Jan-1

Winner winner, tofu dinner!  Love those Street Sense colts.....nearly 7-1!  Great way to start the new year :)

Msg 1582.4 deleted
smartyslew

Jan-16

Lecome stakes today

The Favorite has a Turf miler Pedigree with a lot of potential'. Mandaloun

Danehill on the bottom is a toss for the Derby in the past or on dirt

in fact Danehill anywhere, he's a little further back and that could change things

I wouldn't put money on him on dirt until I see more, he is loaded with speed

and has a DI 11.00, cd 1.17. he does have  many hidden stamina female lines in 5j and 23b

I haven't seen most of these run, numbers 4 & 5 have very good pedigrees.

• Edited January 16, 2021 11:55 am  by  smartyslew
princeofdoc

Jan-16

I was really hoping that Beep Beep showed us something today, but alas, he got scratched.  I'll be pulling for Santa Cruiser, as I bet him in the futures, and most importantly, Santa Cruz is my hometown :)

Msg 1582.7 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 5
smartyslew

Jan-16

#4 proxy finished 2nd bumped at the start, the favorite 3rd in this 8.5 furlong Derby points race and I like the winner Midnight Bourbon and Proxy as the only 2 out of this race to have a chance make the Derby field in May.

princeofdoc

Jan-18

I played Proxy myself and liked his race, but I wonder if the rather slow race portends any success for the other preps at FG?  Not sure, was very disappointed that Beep Beep was scratched, as that was the one I was really wanting to see.  Santa Cruiser could show better in the Risen Star, where we should also see Senor Buscador

smartyslew

Jan-18

It ran as a 3 horse field Imo and they played off each other. The 3rd place finisher really stretched

it to try to catch the 2nd placer who stretched it to finish ahead of the favorite and the winner wasn't

running away with it. 3 to watch to look for improvement. I'll have to check out Beep Beep , Is his 

owner from Pasadena ?