Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Baffert and Pletcher "sure things"   Triple Crown

Started Feb-8 by princeofdoc; 219 views.
princeofdoc

Feb-8

When their 2 and 3 yr. olds race, and they each put out the word, they get bet like no other horses.....this weekend, we had Bezos, at 3/5....and 2nd favorite in the Derby futures, unraced, with Mike Smith aboard......runs 7th, with a 57 ESF, no apparent reason, though I'm sure we'll hear about something....

And Known Agenda, bet down to 7/5, with Johnny V., at least ran belatedly to get 5th, with an 84 ESF....

There are plenty of colts in their stables who do not get bet down, who run races at middling odds, some win, some don't; but when they are bet down considerably, without the previous races to suggest such, it is usually because "the word is out".

I've noticed lately that more than usual are not what they are expected to be.....

What do you think is going on?  Are these horsemen just not able to determine that their horse is not of the caliber they think/hope?

smartyslew

Feb-8

Its in the food tub !

Baffert also has one way under the radar, Pletcher since the clockers caught him

disguising  Uncle Mo with their new tool the cell phone and most know the markings

of the top contenders..... Probably do an Asmussen and sneak to another track to do a work.

And so many supposed reports, not verified.

• Edited February 8, 2021 12:03 pm  by  smartyslew
DogsUp

Feb-8

I think a horse like say Knicks Go one can pretty much feel and know homework not necessary. 

For most others one should just think for themselves. And know when to pass.

I did my homework on the Super Bowl and The Brady Bunch just stuck out a ton. 

In past years I have posted off the beaten path videos to share with the gang. I'll elaborate another time.

Watch this video of Brady data. A bit long. But think like his parents were great breeders, owners and trainers and protégéd him etc. Then how he had the heart mind disposition of the great Red.

https://youtu.be/JqPOwy_EuvU

• Edited February 8, 2021 12:16 pm  by  DogsUp
princeofdoc

Feb-8

Interesting.....but somehow, Baffert's barn will not allow anything to go under the radar.  His good ones (Life is Good, Concert Tour) will always be bet BIG, but so will his losers (Bezos, Fenway, Hozier, etc.)

And I'm not talking about the ones that are not bet (Tivoli Swirl), as they rarely do well.....

Wintertrian

Feb-11

princeofdoc said...

His good ones (Life is Good, Concert Tour) will always be bet BIG, but so will his losers (Bezos, Fenway, Hozier, etc.)

I don't think Life Is Good or Concert Tour are derby winners. Gary and Mary West need to prepare for a disappointment there.  Ditto Freedom Fighter. 

Medina Spirit looks like a router to me.