Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Baffert's stable   Triple Crown

Started Feb-20 by princeofdoc; 152 views.
princeofdoc

Feb-20

In trying to understand BB's options, especially with his very talented stable, one must embrace imagination....as well as look at ownership.  His top 3 colts as of now seem to be Concert Tour, Medina Spirit, and Life is Good, all owned by separate interests.  It looks like Concert Tour would be headed to the San Felipe/SA Derby/ route, allowing for 4 wks working up to CD.  Would he opt for the same route for futures fave Life Is Good?  One would think not....and then Medina Spirit?  Perhaps Gotham and Wood?  Or Rebel and Ark Derby?  I would guess the latter for him...

But what to do with Freedom Fighter, the charge with the most readiness to continue on road to Derby for the large group of connections who also have Hozier, Fenway, and Classier?  Take on Concert Tour again?

And what to do with his own colt, Du Jour?

He has thought of Sunland and Turfway as well, so perhaps that direction for less competition, yet enough points to make it to the gate?  That's what I would recommend for him.....

In reply toRe: msg 1
princeofdoc

Feb-21

I forgot to mention Spielberg.....he just put in a great work, let's see where he is placed next