Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Derby 2021 DogsUp Diary   Triple Crown

Started 2/28/21 by DogsUp; 54578 views.
In reply toRe: msg 83
DogsUp

4/15/21

Correction I said Brad Cox was the stick out % winner with 1st time / Maiden Fillies

Wesley  Ward.

Had one today already at Keenland & Big A.

Oldbettowin

4/15/21

I could see him hitting the board.  He’s got some of the best late pace figures in the race and some time very soon we’re going to start seeing graded stakes winners with Tapit as their bms instead of just in the sireline.

Wintertrian

4/15/21

DogsUp said...

ockey is not going to get a tip for serving up a tiring colt Soup + Sanwich in the Florida Derby.

Not on my menu for win. Derby too long to stay fresh, tasty and appealing at KDy distance.

Colt runs early to be in race.

He looked skinny getting off trailer, plus he doesn't change leads, so he loses ground.  Can't do that going the extra distance in the Derby. 
I have no idea what to do with him at this moment, going to watch how he likes CDX and if he changes leads.  

Wintertrian

4/15/21

DogsUp said...

Jockey is not going to get a tip for serving up a tiring colt Soup + Sanwich in the Florida Derby.

Not on my menu for win. Derby too long to stay fresh, tasty and appealing at KDy distance.

Colt runs early to be in race.  

Hold the Mayo.

I think my post got eaten, S&S doesn't change leads and loses ground.  Not a good combo to run extra distance that is derby. I will have to watch him at CDX to see how he is coming along. 

In reply toRe: msg 87
Wintertrian

4/15/21

So here;s what Caddo River's owner had to say:  

John Ed Anthony of Shortleaf Stable the owner of Caddo River is on the fence
about running him back in the Derby. He said he had had to many horses
ruined by running them in the Triple Crown. He said he is leaning toward running him in the Preakness.
  He spoke about Vanlandingham, Demons Begone, Pine Bluff and Prairie Bayou. The last two had to be put down after injuries in the Preakness and Belmont. Demons Begone who had never bled, bled so bad he had to be pulled up in the Derby as the favorite

I don't doubt anything he is saying, as that is his experience.  

What worries me is what does this say about our KY Derby?   I mean, we do know it tends to ruin horses.  For him, it ruined 'em pretty severely.  (I'm sure he will be crucified for being so honest). 
smartyslew

4/15/21

Pass the derby, he isn't ready, gets rank and nervous close to horses and eye ball to eye ball.

Creative Cause was like that, still racing before he was ready. Afraid of Alphas and cowered

and still finished in the money sometimes half heartly running.

Caddo has talent save him for the Met Mile.

DogsUp

4/15/21

Yes yes the humans have egos and wallet thoughts and visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads. Pre and Derby Day.

In reply toRe: msg 90
DogsUp

4/15/21

All. Today if had to bet 15 days out

A .Essential Q Win

B. Keys 2nd under: 

Hot Rod C.

Sainthood

C. All. 

then.  And. A/C/B

• Edited April 16, 2021 12:00 am  by  DogsUp
Oldbettowin

4/16/21

Sainthood?  What do you see there out of curiosity?