Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ark Derby   Triple Crown

Started 4/4/21 by princeofdoc; 3178 views.
Oldbettowin

4/10/21

Not sure he really ever did anything.  I can’t figure out what Jo-El was trying to prove though on CT.  Surely they knew CR was going to try to stay in front this time.  Makes me wonder if he’s really a presser or if he actually needs to be in front.

DogsUp

4/10/21

Jo El had a bouncer today.

And the Ark winner ran 3rd in 2 yo BC juvey ...Super Stock..and joins the Winner + 2nd place in BC juvey

who are 1st + 2nd in Derby points

Oldbettowin

4/10/21

Keep Me in Mind ran 3rd in the Juvenile.

princeofdoc

4/10/21

Agreed.  They went MUCH faster than the Oaklawn Mile group of older horses.  Super Stock took advantage of the tiring front runners, but didn't really finish that fast.  His next race could be an opportunity to improve, 3rd off the rest, and he'll need to, otherwise he'll only finish 6th, imho

princeofdoc

4/10/21

Well I was wrong about CT, definitely, but right about Hozier.....I do think BB will still enter Medina Spirit and CT, but I agree with you, CT will not win it.  I hope Caddo does run back in the Derby, he may get an uncontested lead, unless Rock goes with him.....and he could easily last for the super

Wintertrian

4/10/21

Brisnet had it exactly right in their Prime Power, Current Class, Average Class Last 3, and Backspeed ratings..........that was the trifecta.

I only played it based on horses who needed a win or place to get into the gate.

On my picks board and a contest elsewhere I was in, 99% had CT as the winner......the Baffert factor is so strong nobody even questions it.  But not one of the oaklawn players had superstock 1st.   A few had him in 2nd.  

I don't think Superstock is going to do much in the Derby.  But I don't see Caddo or CT doing much, either.   I will most likely not use any of them for the win spot. 

Oldbettowin

4/10/21

CT sort of stalked for a little while but not really.  I thought it looked like he wanted to catch CR the whole way.

smartyslew

4/10/21

I think it was race riding instructions from Baffert, pressure him to get rank  like

last time it backfired, Baffert's horse was rank this time ! imo

Oldbettowin

4/10/21

Lol!  Serves them right if so.

In reply toRe: msg 29
Wintertrian

4/11/21

For the record, any horse out of the AR Derby this year is far down on my ticket, if on there at all. 
Caddo River can't rate, and pretty sure Concert Tour can't, either...they are not natural stalkers, and unless you think either one can go gate to wire, I just don't think either would have enough left over for that extra distance in the Derby.

Super Stock isn't "super" enough in anything, but I'm willing to see how he progresses.  

Looking elsewhere for a KY Derby winner.   Of course Baffert has between now and then to give majick/contamination so who knows what kind of *peak* CT will achieve in the next few weeks, eh?

I just wanted Caddo River to redeem himself, that was all.   I still think he should skip it and go in the Preakness.