Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Helium- Mark Casse runnner   Triple Crown

Started Apr-4 by Wintertrian; 4967 views.
In reply toRe: msg 15
Wintertrian

Apr-6

Thanks.

Gerh said...

Leparoux will ride him in the derby per Paulick Report

I don't know much about Lep to be honest.  What's the general 411 on him? 

Most people put a little more faith in jockey than I do........I think you gotta have "have horse under you" to begin with, as JV found out with Medina Spirit......he just couldn't get the horse to accelerate.  Horse didn't have it. 

Gerh

Apr-6

For what it’s worth,I think Leparoux fits him pretty well.

Gerh

Apr-6

I expect Rombauer to have more pace to run at in the derby

In reply toRe: msg 18
Wintertrian

Apr-6

Thank you again about Lep, and yes, you are correct about having more pace to run at.  Thank you for filling in the spaces of my brain burps.
I really respect your feedback. 

ChiefsCrown

Apr-6

Definately in agreement on your post! Yeah, post position and track condition is a big part in betting. Forgot about S & S. Johnny V will be up on Soup? If Soup does win headlines read...."Soup's On"?

ChiefsCrown

Apr-6

If you want a Country House derby (minus the DQ, hopefully) you could start with Bourbonic or Dynamic One! Both will be overlooked and at huge odds. I'm on the Bourbonic wagon for a long shot to hit the board. He's a Bernardini colt and i think he's going to like the added distance. Just hopefully he's not as far back as Mine That Bird was. Hoping Carmouche retains the mount.

DogsUp

Apr-6

Chief...WADR..Bourbonic got there because 6 furlongs in the Wood were 1:15 and 'change. The track was dullsville.

Ergo, in the Derby, say 1:11 and ticks B could be 15 lengths or more behind at mile.  No less.

If you read my Wood thread comments, here, I did say the Philly colts had chance of big upset ticket. On the Wood surface based on Thurs + Friday's lackluster time at distance races. 

ChiefsCrown

Apr-6

So then i can read into your post you'd dismiss both Bourbonic and Dynamic One in the derby as board hitters per slow Big A track Condition?

DogsUp

Apr-6

They wouldn't win in a a scripted movie..

Even if the Derby came up sloppy.....

Mine That Bird was 2 YO Canadian champ. Ran fast numbers. Sunland before Derby was 2nd. And magic Derby jockey Borel.

Todd Pletcher did his job.

Got client running at Parx to a Derby  

Wintertrian

Apr-7

ChiefsCrown said...

If you want a Country House derby (minus the DQ, hopefully) you could start with Bourbonic or Dynamic One! Both will be overlooked and at huge odds.

I don't overlook ANY horse (yet) for a board hit, unless they don't make the gate and/or their name is Weyburn.  
I like Bourbonic.  Nice homebred and has enough speed to motor from the back, and I think he can get 10F.  

I don't know enough about Dynamic One or if his 40 points will allow him to keep a place in the gate after the next prep races?  until I'm sure about that I'm not going to look at him too hard.  He had to go so wide in the Wood, I was amazed he got to the wire in 2nd place, actually.