Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Triple Crown Series   Triple Crown

Started 4/18/21 by smartyslew; 25776 views.
Oldbettowin

5/25/21

Rebel’s pedigree isn’t very much like any of the last twenty winners that’s for sure.  He has 9 S/P points when the average is 1.  His di is 1.10 and cd 0.09.  Drosselmeyer holds the records there over the last 20 years with 1.75 and 0.55.

Oldbettowin

5/25/21

Rombauer?  2-1-7-0-0

smartyslew

5/25/21

I don't use Points less than 14 , In this case a wash., 10 only points. + -

One could use it because of the  part Argentina Pedigree. Thats up to you.

Oldbettowin

5/25/21

Belmont winner in the first two generations (Sir Winston, Am. Pharoah, Summer Bird, Rags to Riches, Point Given):

Overtook (API)

Bourbonic (API and Afleet Alex)

Keepmeinmind (Victory Gallop)

Rock Your World (Empire Maker)

In reply toRe: msg 111
smartyslew

5/25/21

contenders with conduit belmont winners-1pt
--
Essential Quality 1x La troienne; 2 Bimelich(son) Easy Goer WON, 3 winners now
Bourbonic 5f  1 ;Miss Fiora; Native Dancer
Brooklyn Strong 10c Bellamia 1; Sarava
------
Wintertrian

5/26/21

Sole Volente had pretty nice numbers.....then you find out from jockey that horse just wasn't getting hold of the track there.  

This year, since I cannot see these things in the absence of videos, etc. .... guessing game.  

I think the mares give a lot of stamina in the Belmont horses.   

Oldbettowin

5/26/21

Add messages 131 and 132 together and you get Bourbonic.  Hmmmm....

Oldbettowin

5/26/21

Yeah it’s always good to look at the bottom, and sometimes you have to if there’s no clear aptitudinal (hope I’m using that right lol) direction on the sire’s side.  Rombauer for example has no chefs until you get to Giant’s Causeway, three generations back in the bmsireline so I would assume he can probably run classic distances unless he shows otherwise.  I still look at pedigrees but I’ve pretty much gotten to where I hardly even look at the dosage figures anymore though.  I think it just hit me one day that just because there aren’t a lot of chef’s in a pedigree doesn’t necessarily make it sub-par; it might just mean that the stallions there throw runners good at all distances and not just one or two.

smartyslew

5/26/21

Look at the Pedigree Chart to see if any of The Sires Could be a Chef in your opinion.

In Rombauer case Like Candy Ride, or a case could be made for Candy Girl  to be a Reines 

Mare. also the Argentina in the pedigree. I make the judgement that the DP is misleading

and this isn't a sprinter and he has a strong  Stamina Cmp On the Mares in the pedigree.

You made a good case highlighting Giants Causeway's placement.

I haven't updated the Cmp's yet: this is from pedigree  query site for Rombauer..

Conduit Mare Profile = 4-3-6-8-8   Speed = 7   Stamina = 16   Index = 0.57   Triads = 13-17-22

Speed + Stamina = Balance. 

Oldbettowin

5/26/21

Look at the Pedigree Chart to see if any of The Sires Could be a Chef in your opinion.

Easier said than done lol.