Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Medina Spirit - Positive - Betamethasone   Triple Crown

Started 5/9/21 by SameSteve G; 20158 views.
SameSteve G

5/9/21

I suppose that would depend on how quickly the split sample comes back & how it comes back.

According to reports, the horse was twice over the legal limit.

SameSteve G

5/9/21

Maybe it was the Deep (horse racing) State?  Sent in an agent who contaminated the horse!!!

smartyslew

5/9/21

He said no this morning, that could change !

ChiefsCrown

5/9/21

Short notice. Doubt it. When do the jocks get together and stop riding for Teflon Bob? If Medina gets DQ'd, Johnny V. loses out on his share of the winning payout.

.....and Rick Dutrow's still barred from training 13 years later???

TexSquared

5/9/21

After the Derby, Cox said his horses were both skipping the Preakness.  I think his hand's been forced, Mandaloun deserves a shot.  It'll ultimately be Juddmonte Farm who'll decide.  

princeofdoc

5/9/21

I think Cox remarked that it is never actually good for a horse to wheel back in a competitive race 14 days later.... most trainers feel that way, but the prestige of the Preakness, coupled with the fabled Triple Crown gets in the way of better judgment

TexSquared

5/9/21

That's exactly it, and why you see so many Derby also-rans skip it. 

Although years ago horses often did run every 2 weeks, there was even a time when horses would run in the Derby Trial Stakes and come back in less than a week for the Derby.  

Gerh

5/9/21

It looked like Smith and Rosario were riding for Teflon Bob in the derby