Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

R.I.P. Laoban   General Discussions

Started May-24 by Gerh; 305 views.
Gerh

May-24

Died suddenly per Winstar Farm

In reply toRe: msg 1
RAESFAN

May-24

RIP indeed. This son of Uncle Mo was showing signs of being a successful producer of stakes talent. Even after retiring from racing, these animals are extremely prone to life challenging issues. Makes me all the more appreciative of More Than Ready, who for 20+ years has handled the rigors of a full breeding season on two hemispheres, and is still going strong. 

In reply toRe: msg 1
ChiefsCrown

May-24

Rest easy Laoban, at 8 gone too soon. Makes me want Keepmeinmind to win the Belmont Stakes even more!

PISTOL9

May-25

I was giving Laoban some good looks this year as I saw a few of his do well for KD and Oaks preps I believe

ChiefsCrown

May-25

Got Keepmeinmind in my tri and super for the Belmont, that was before Laoban's passing, the added distance i think will suit him...add him w/Known Agenda and Rombauer for the trifecta....jmo!

In reply toRe: msg 5
Wintertrian

May-25

that's too bad about Laoban, he was very young.  I was never much enamored by him but i think that had something to do with Guillot.    I am also not a fan of Diordoro.  I spent most of the OP meet watching him win races and he's in the claiming game a lot. He and a couple others play hot potato with the same horses, I truly wish U.S. racing would do away with claiming races and the "move-em-up-guys".