Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ohio Derby   Triple Crown

Started Jun-21 by princeofdoc; 1579 views.
pianot

Jun-23

Had no choice if he wants to run. Not that impressed anyway with that one. Could drop off without BBs help.

RAESFAN

Jun-24

Not at all. I expect to see a lot more of that. If my horse’s trainer was prohibited from racing in certain circuits, I would probably do the same thing. I wouldn’t want my horse to be limited as to what races he could run in. Even if I supported Baffert, as a business owner, I wouldn’t want any victories achieved by my horse, to have any questions circulating around it.

There’s an unraced MTR colt that I’ve been following, awaiting his debut with Baffert. Recently I saw his works show up at Keenland rather than Los Al and SA where he had been working before. Could mean he has changed trainers as well.

Edit: Just saw that the unraced colt I mentioned, is owned by Starlight!

• Edited June 24, 2021 11:08 am  by  RAESFAN
princeofdoc

Jun-24

I'll be curious as to who is chosen.....doubt that they'll all go to Brisset.  Hoping that Walsh and Callaghan get some more well-bred horses.  It's a great opportunity for the younger trainers to step up and show what they can do with some raw young talent.

DogsUp

Jun-24

All:

The OD is 9fl.  CONDITION Weights as G3 126 as Derbies are for 3 yo. But seen different??

Will know tomorrow. 

Weather: Fri & SAT Thunderstorms

To hit the board for verticals.

KING FURY ...and Cory as pilot - homeboy mud master

And King can navigate mudski.

#9. 

https://youtu.be/OpPu1oDkCkg

• Edited June 24, 2021 2:35 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 8
pianot

Jun-24

Thats my exacta box, king with mas.

RAESFAN

Jun-24

Life Is Good and other Winstar horses, transferred from Baffert to Pletcher!

Wintertrian

Jun-24

RAESFAN said...

Keepmeinmind

big in name only.   I guess eventually the horse might do SOMETHING?  I mean he did win a race back in Fall of 2020.  

Diordoro was running under a suspension in the Preakness --- Let those guys transfer their horses to another trainer if they care about the owner.  Or, let the owner suffer the consequences of choosing a cheater for their trainer.  I'm out of sympathy nowadays for these practices.  

Not wagering but if I were I'd bet anything Arrieta is riding.  He's my favorite longshot jockey, and he's on a 15-1 horse (Hello Hot Rod) who will probably drift upwards at post time so I would probably stick that one in my exotics.  Jockey is 53% w/p/s career and about 48% w/p/s in 2021.  

I do like King Fury and The Reds as well. 

I suck at big stakes races so who knows if any of these will hit. 

RAESFAN

Jun-25

I like Arrieta as well. Very underrated jock, winning at over 21% lifetime, and almost 15% in 2021.

I'm not great at handicapping, but I do like the progression I see from Masqueparade. Stall has been patient with his development, and his Equibase numbers in his four 2021 starts are  76 - 83 - 95 - 108! If he moves forward or at least doesn't regress, he should be right there. He is tactical, so I don't think he needs any particular set up. I'm not crazy about Mena, but he's ridden the horse in every start.

princeofdoc

Jun-25

Wow!  I was just going to post that Life Is Good is back in training, still listed under BB for the work....

DogsUp

Jun-25

Prince: Wow!  I was just going to post that Life Is Good is back in training, still listed under BB for the work.....

If horse is at a track Baffert 'is' banned from, then more than likely the trainer name change hasn't been made into/input the data base by the programmer and the present info as Baffert remains as well as migrates into other data sources.

• Edited June 25, 2021 1:00 pm  by  DogsUp