Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2022 2 year olds   Handicapping

Started 7/2/21 by smartyslew; 171594 views.
RAESFAN

Sep-30

Justify colt ran well in the MSW at CD yesterday. Roy H’s full brother was disappointing! The two highly touted MTR’s; Don Corleone and Devils Red, have run poorly in their debuts. Hopefully they’ll do better next time out.

• Edited September 30, 2022 1:49 pm  by  RAESFAN
smartyslew

Oct-1

Devils Red the chart said he was playing bumper cars and I couldn't find, the Video wasn't very good.

RAESFAN

Oct-1

I saw that. Don’t know if that could explain his listless performance. Hope he gets another shot on the dirt!

princeofdoc

Oct-1

Blazing Sevens looked great, could have won by more......handled the slop just fine, won the race his father placed in.  Had a feeling about him, liked how he was training, hit the exacta too.  Will be one of the faves in the Juvy....

princeofdoc

Oct-1

Watch the race over.....Champions Dream was hit hard at break by Blazing, and the same horse moved out on him in the stretch, completely taking away his momentum.  Franco did a great job of slowing him down at that point, finishing without pushing him.  The liner notes may not display the trouble, but I would look for him to come back at a price in a month or so.

smartyslew

Oct-1

A MTR won a race at Longchamp today, I'll look for it tomorrow,

darn. Did Rutherford get in ?

smartyslew

Oct-1

that track was crazy, I think it helped the 4 on the list to learn something new, Oct 1

I like all 4 and 7 is on the highest rung today. he looked good.

RAESFAN

Oct-2

Rutherford didn't run poorly. He ran 4th. I would like to know the name of the one at Longchamp. Is he/she a juvenile? Shug won the Miss Grillo with an MTR filly, Pleasant Passage, out of a War Front mare.

I also wonder what happened to Morethanreadyeddie. He won his debut for Pletcher, and hasn't worked in forever!

smartyslew

Oct-2

It wasn't Longchamp, I just looked. Must of been Pleasant Passage.

smartyslew

Oct-7

One 2 Year Old on our list is entered in this Race
10/7/22 Belmont At The Big A Race 1: NY bred Msw : 1 mile Dirt 6 entrants
-
#2 Chulligan  6-5  Justify/ Mdga D'Oro/   Finished last, Backed up like something wrong.
-
  • Edited October 7, 2022 12:42 pm  by  smartyslew