Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NYRA and CDI vs. Beta Bob   General Discussions

Started 9/10/21 by SameSteve G; 18880 views.
SameSteve G

3/17/22

The saga continues.  Arguments made and the decision whether or not to stay the suspension until Baffert has his day in court will be handed down by Monday.

Interesting read.  Beta Bob's attorney is laying it on super thick.  A suspension now will end poor Beta Bob's career.  That's complete BS.

The KHRC is sticking to the facts.  That doesn't always beat good drama.

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/familiar-arguments-at-hearing-for-bafferts-stay-of-suspension/

pianot

3/17/22

Whats the odds he wrongly gets a reprieve? Say 1-5, you could almost see this happening. Sad.

DogsUpWired

3/17/22

Holy Moly...humbly Dogs is pretty-pretty well rounded in racing from gate to wire. This keeps up we'll all have a PhD in equine law, civil procedure, and a side of equine pharmaceutical. 

As the gang that can't run straight...the sample evaluated as science (these machines are super correct) should have been then put up against the rules..the rules. That's it.

The coming Derby will be fireworks about Maximum Security and The Sav that ate the Kentucky Derby.

The public is going to get more than their 2 minutes worth. 

Betcha Bob is on the back sports page in the NY tabloids come 1st Saturday.

SameSteve G

3/17/22

If this were a race, I'd keep the money clip in my pocket.  

SameSteve G

3/17/22

DogsUpWired said:

This keeps up we'll all have a PhD in equine law, civil procedure, and a side of equine pharmaceutical. 

You ain't kidding.

TexSquared

3/17/22

What a joke.  I hope this judge laughs Bob and his lawyer out of the courtroom.  90 days isn't a lifetime suspension nor would a $7500 fine bankrupt him.

SameSteve G

3/18/22

Really.

"Beta Bob" has morphed into "Boo-Hoo Bob" right before our eyes.  Playing the victim.

smartyslew

3/20/22

Here is the last free Past performance and entries at our site here for Baffert, looks like he's done for awhile.
click  on this link and  click on Bob Baffert at the Free past perfomances list with the trainers and owners that
gives this site freebees. Thank you Cindy and Tex.

http://www.horse-races.net/library/links-pastperformances.htm

8th Race - Santa Anita Park - Sunday, March 20th, 2022

ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING. 1 1/8 Mile Turf. Purse $72,000. FOR FILLIES AND MARES FOUR YEARS OLD AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON $15,000 TWICE OTHER THAN MAIDEN, CLAIMING, STARTER, OR STATE BRED OR WHICH HAVE NEVER WON THREE RACES OR CLAIMING PRICE $80,000. Weight, 124 lbs. Non-winners Of Two Races Other Than Maiden, Claiming Or Starter At A Mile Or Over Allowed 2 lbs. Claiming Price $80,000. (Rail at 20 feet). (04:44 PM) (11)
PP Horse A/S M/E Wgt Jockey Trainer
1 Moonlight D'oro 4 F 122 Prat Flavien Mandella Richard E.
2 New Heat 5 M L 122 Baze Tyler Saavedra Anthony K.
3 Rocking Redhead 5 M L 122 Cedillo Abel Baltas Richard
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
SameSteve G

3/20/22

Good catch, Rob.  Interesting absence of entries. 

I'm sure you saw that Boo-Hoo does have at least 2 and maybe 3 going next weekend at Meydan.  That's the only exception I can think of.

princeofdoc

3/21/22

Why is there such loyalty from the owners?!?