Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Derby 2022 DogsUp Diary   Triple Crown

Started 12/2/21 by DogsUp; 44590 views.
ChiefsCrown

Apr-16

Yeah, 3 weeks out with a fever? Maybe he's hoping Happy Jack gets in instead and SDA gets a berth in the Preakness? 

....or, maybe there's more issues than Douggie O is letting on?

Wintertrian

Apr-16

Andy was a toss for me but hope he feels better soon. 

I need a horse I LIKE to scratch, make my job easier.  That's looking like Morello, actually.  I think he will go in pat day mile.  He had a 25 stride at auction going 1F when purchased, that is why I asked you about stride length.  I was pretty sure 25 was a good number but wasn't sure.   

Other 3 horses I like will be chalk I think so I am losing interest fast.   

pianot

Apr-16

I love a scratch but not sure thats what u met!  Thank you for your insight usually is spot on.

DogsUpWired

Apr-16

At auction they run just a furlong. And confirmation and body action are more attention. Times are about same as limited distance.
As to my scratch notions:
If I have a colt that I think can land underneath but he ranks say 11th to 14th in evaluations and gets scratched late, then I can add a colt I left out of the 6 didn't use. Put Commanding Curve in when there was a day before scratch

In reply toRe: msg 169
DogsUpWired

Apr-16

20 Days to go for Derby  @ 20 colts. 

Doug a no go with Andy slowed down by a fever.

Yet O'Neill will head to Derby with #20 on list. 30 points. Ran 3rd in 2 Calif point provisos.  Dog math can't figure where the points came from for Calumet colt lacking call elite jockey. Maybe Mario- gets assigned who no longer has Slow Down Andy. *Should he have other mounts in 20 days ..At.. The Deuce Spires. 

No PP - past proof he can survive in long ball race; may be the dnf.

DOG tosstedo. 

In reply toRe: msg 170
DogsUpWired

Apr-17

Uno Ojo would need the Big rail movie-like Borail finish in the Kentucky Derby and scrape it" keeping his blind eye on the left side towards the rail..

IF comes up a mud l/wet race and yields 137 mile and 203+ change for the wire number; would help one eyed colt. Would have to be a Hail Mary trip with clearest of sailing.

Dry- good bye. No use

Wet-you bet "underneath, maybe if field scratched late to  X

Msg 1867.172 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 171
DogsUpWired

Apr-18

MO DONEGAL

Joe-L Rosario rode winner in..The Wood. Colt's final time and maneuverability is Delta good.

JOEL will ride the present today favorite in the Kentucky Derby..Epicenter. Say he goes off 2nd choice.

Hoofnote: A jockeys race: Flavin Prat should go Off the favorite come gate.

The Wood final time is significantly promising, as compared to years past.

It has been 22  years since Derby winner scored out of The Wood.

Jockey for Mo D is top of the heap, hey number one; king of the hill (lyrics from New York NY) yet never won the Kentucky Derby. 

The Wood Memorial is one of the prep races on the Road to the Kentucky Derby. Between 1930 and 2000, eleven winners of the Wood Memorial went on to win the Kentucky Derby (Gallant FoxTwenty GrandJohnstownCount FleetHoop Jr.AssaultFoolish PleasureBold ForbesSeattle SlewPleasant Colony and 
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
Wintertrian

Apr-18

Yes, I knew already they only run 1F at auction.  I thought I said that in one of my other posts.  Anyway....

Yes, putting in horses, taking out horses, last minute, is a pain.  For me it was Mr. Big News, dunno how he got left out with that "33" in his classic spot in profile plus his overall ped was good. 

Problem now is that defections so far has led to 2 horses getting in that I like, Tawny and Charge It.   What I was saying I need is 1 or 2 more horses to join the gate that I do NOT like.   That makes our handicapping easier when that happens, right?