Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Derby 2022 DogsUp Diary   Triple Crown

Started 12/2/21 by DogsUp; 45280 views.
pianot

Apr-19

That's probably a drop in the hat for him.

princeofdoc

Apr-19

Did Mac bet in LV in a futures shop?  Circa?

I doubt his bet would affect the parimutuel market on Derby Day....though I do like SH, with Zandon/Mo/Messier in tris/supers

sovereign1

Apr-19

That guy jinxed my Bengals!

pianot

Apr-19

Sorry prince. no way with SH. Hope u score.

TexSquared

Apr-19

By coming out and saying he's going to bet a lot on the favorite (which will lower its odds) that means everybody will try to beat the favorite..  So if the favorite wins, he gets a bigger payout than he would if he just kept his mouth shut...

Could also be a dutch strategy -- he's betting on both the favorite and Smile Happy and if either hits he wins huge

ChiefsCrown

Apr-20

Yeah....I wanted the cats to win also!

ChiefsCrown

Apr-20

Dogs....off topic, just read Midnight Bourbon passed away in his barn at Churchill Downs from some sort of gastrointestinal illness at age 4.

Sad news to say the least. I always seemed to use him in exotic bets.

What no one wants to hear before the derby!

twoshots

Apr-20

If he bet futures on Smile Happy, it doesn’t seem to have affected the pool much. SH dropped from 8-1 to 6-1 in the 3rd pool, but nothing dramatic that I can see.

TexSquared

Apr-20

I'm thinking that $3 million (assuming he isn't lying) was spread across the future pool as well as several bookmakers both onshore and offshore. 

smartyslew

Apr-20

In a interview he said he makes all of his bets locally that helps his local customers

and the local economy, no way does he bet in Nevada . I have no clue who that is thru

Somewhere in Texas.