Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Flightline is a monster!   General Discussions

Started Dec-26 by RAESFAN; 414 views.
RAESFAN

Dec-26

The word "freak" is thrown around a lot, but I think we have one in training. I am not a Sadler fan, and I hope he doesn't ruin this horse, because I think he could be something really special!

Husker (Birdman506)

Dec-27

Jock didn't move a muscle other than to peek behind to see his ever-widening margin of what - 10 lengths in a seven-furlong race.  Hope he stays healthy - a monster in training.

RAESFAN

Dec-27

They said that will probably be his last sprint for a while. He will be stretched out. I can’t wait to see how he handles that. No one has even warmed this horse up!

princeofdoc

Dec-27

A remarkable horse......and that was an impressive group he dispatched!  I do wonder his plans.....obviously a two turn at SA would be next, exciting to imagine!

RAESFAN

Dec-27

He got a 118 beyer figure; in his third start!

DogsUp

Dec-27

Had to check this out. And the colt was bumped at gate.

Below is race video.

Colt is a 3 yo with 3 wins/starts.

At end of video connections comments as well.

For some: While watching compare this really specimen of a horse.

See where and what his physiology is and look at the others in comparison.

The lift of his head

The action of his front and rear quarters in the pan

Coming home his structure doesn't wabble in weakness

And legs do not weary 

As do others. 

There's a name for this guy in his next out...1/9 er.

Ridiculous

https://youtu.be/1OmGoQIAcIU

• Edited December 28, 2021 12:01 am  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 6
smartyslew

Dec-28

I bet those guys in San Francisco are measuring his hang time like they did Lost In The Fog

and The Factor, Gifted to spend less time in the air and recovering faster to hit the ground

with each stride. Lost in the Fog was amazing in his first few races before his Illness.
all of those strides spending more time on the ground add up over a distance of ground.

I got a kick watching Sadler in the Winners Circle.
This reminds me of Bellamy Road, don't mean to knock the Colt's Awesome Win.

When Bellamy Road crushed the field in the 2005 Wood Memorial, he received a 120 Beyer Figure — a number that was 24 points higher than his previous best and one that he was never able to duplicate (in fairness, he only raced twice after the Wood). Paulick

jjj

RAESFAN

Dec-28

Sadler seems to know what he has, and is determined not to ruin him. The difference between he and Bellamy Road is that his beyers are ascending with no huge intervals. The scary part is that he has yet to be asked! I am anxious to see him go two turns, but I am happy that his starts are being spaced out!

• Edited December 28, 2021 7:07 pm  by  RAESFAN
smartyslew

Dec-28

Yes that's a good point and a big difference between the 2. The pandemic might dictate what 

happens the next couple of months and I pray not.

8 crosses Princequillo with 3 lines of Something Royal, with 2 progeny from Mr P

Fappiano and Preach 4x4 influence show up in many elite runners g1 type.