Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Promising Filly   General Discussions

Started Jan-5 by SameSteve G; 838 views.
SameSteve G

Jan-5

Papa Mandella has a filly entered for Friday, 1/7, in R8 MSW at SA in a short fied named Micro Share.  The usually reserved Mandella is high on this newly minted 3 year old filly and I have been informed that Mike Smith has been getting on her in the mornings as well as slated to ride the race.  He's excited about her, too.

She is chalk and worth a look in the race.  I have seen a photo and she is a a big filly but well balanced and athletic looking.

Just a general FYI.  I root for Mandella as a default anyway.  I hope she clears this hurdle in her development.

smartyslew

Jan-6

Steve did you see Her first race, she broke slow finished 3rd, 9 lengths behind in a 6.5 f race,

closed to finish 3rd. She should improve in this 8f race.

SameSteve G

Jan-6

I watched the replay a couple of times.  I do expect better on Friday, stretching out to a mile.

smartyslew

Jan-6

I'm very curious to watch Her. You and Mandella have me over piqued..   :)

SameSteve G

Jan-6

LOL  Hey,  I'm not a big tout...just a little tout.  :-}

Did I ever tell you my Mr. Tux story?  I had rookie friends at the track, must have been around 30 years ago  They had no idea and kept asking me and I avoided the trap until Mr. Tux's race.  I touted him and my friends went in.  I'm laughing to myself as I recall the race.

The gates opened and Mr. Tux dwelt...more like he set up for a long stay.  He poked his head out and looked around is more like it.   My friends never let up on me.  Anyway, Mr. Tux was a war horse by today's standards.  Almost all claiming races.  Well over 75 races, maybe more.  Too lazy to look it up.

Hopefully, Micro Share does a little better.  Good race to just watch.

smartyslew

Jan-6

dwelt , yah dwelt I hate that word. I wont go there. its like the first time you heard that word

and how it is used in Horse racing.

Small field a 8-5,9-5,9-5, 6 entrants, all 1L, I will have to see if its a 3 Filly race.

Little tout steve.. good one   :.) How did you do that.

pianot

Jan-6

Good call. Looks really good. Thanks for the preview.

In reply toRe: msg 7
SameSteve G

Jan-7

A  dear friend of mine owns shares in the appropriately named filly and she has been calling me about the horse.

I wouldn't know Micro Share existed otherwise.  

smartyslew said:

dwelt , yah dwelt I hate that word.

Not unlike that "s" word in golf.  DO NOT SAY THE WORD.  It will haunt you.

Gerh

Jan-7

Whenever I see the word “dwelt”,I think of that picture of The Player sitting in his stall.