Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

KY Derby Futures   Triple Crown

Started 1/21/22 by Wintertrian; 6341 views.
princeofdoc

Apr-16

Mo may be favored too, as well as White Abarrio.....public usually favors the higher Beyer figs, and the 1st place finish.  Workouts matter a small bit, as does trainer.  I'm thinking 9 or 10-1 at this moment.

ChiefsCrown

Apr-17

My wife has a future on White Abarrio @ 8/1. Abarrio might be the most overlooked horse in the derby along with Cyberknife who are among the 100 pt colts. I don't read a whole lot about either one!

princeofdoc

Apr-18

White Abarrio made the front page today at DRF....Saffie is keeping him at GP to work before shipping to CD.  I think it's a mistake; I would want to see how he moves over Churchill.

PISTOL9

Apr-18

On the topic of Kentucky Derby past, Stan passed away last summer.  I always gave him a hard time in jest, he always took things too serious.  I always enjoyed those discussions with you Stan.  At rest may you take things in stride.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/app/name/stanley-caris-obituary?id=15929710

smartyslew

Apr-18

Rest in peace Stan, It took you a long time to admit your mistake  and You manned up and apologized and made it right to your

publisher and others it was the right thing to do. I miss hearing your RAN joke it was funny. Loved Doxa too. RIP

TexSquared

Apr-18

Yeah, "doxa" was a running joke on this forum for a number of years but time to retire that one... 

ChiefsCrown

Apr-19

I noticed that as well. I think it's a mistake not to get your pony to CD as soon as possible. Getting a couple breezes over the ground seems optimum to me.

Add the fact he's 4 for 4 @ GP and not CD makes him a pass for me in my exotics plays. Gotta take a look at pp's in the coming week(s) but right now i have a mild tri going of Mo D, Messier and either Zandon or Charge It. 

Weather and Post Position will be key.

PISTOL9

Apr-19

He has already ran at CD.  Off the top of my head, Funny Cide and a few of BB horses did not come early, except AP.  That is a non issue for me.

pianot

Apr-19

Ran in jockey club at CD and took third that day.

• Edited April 19, 2022 9:25 am  by  pianot
princeofdoc

Apr-19

Yes, it can be a non-issue, and there are certainly outliers who never set foot on CD dirt until Derby Day, and win.  My point was simply that to help in the handicapping, viewing how a horse gets over the ground at CD can be significant.  But of course, if there's slop, most will not have had any experience in CD off-track footing.