Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Oaks/Kentucky Double Wager   Triple Crown

Started May-3 by OldForesight; 2732 views.
ChiefsCrown

May-7

Still alive in the O/D Dbl with Secret Oath. Need Taiba to show off his sophomore form for the win.

ChiefsCrown

May-7

You're still alive too!

Think D. Wayne's kicking himself for not entering Secret Oath in the Derby? 

cubs.fan

May-8

Thought I was home free when they entered the stretch. Had a $20 Secret Oath and Epicenter double.

princeofdoc

May-8

No, in the interview, he said it was never his intention to put her in a 20 horse field.....he may consider the Preakness.  I don't think she would've been successful in the Derby anyway.

cubs.fan

May-8

She will probably be the Preakness favorite or second choice.

princeofdoc

May-8

Perhaps.....depends upon who is entered.  Jack Christopher would probably be favored, or Epicenter, if their trainers chose to enter.  Early Voting is headed there too.

ChiefsCrown

May-8

Yeah i hear you, i thought Epi had that race won then i caught Strike on the rail, WTF an 80/1 cruises past!

Loved the ride Sonny Leon rode but  i did not like the way the horse acted right after he won. I think Sonny should have galloped Rich Strike to at least the back stretch to calm him down he was as keyed up a horse as i have ever seen before. Even my wife said to me she thought we were going to witness that that horse  was going to have a heart attack.

ChiefsCrown

May-8

Your right on there. This derby reminded me of the way MTB cruised past PON and Musket Man to win it. Rich Strike probably could have won at 1 1/2 miles yesterday!

sovereign1

May-8

With the group running those same fractions, probably. And the pedigree is eerily similar to Mine That Bird.