Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Scratch   General Discussions

Started May-6 by pianot; 2227 views.
SameSteve G

May-8

One of these days, Alice, pow, right to the moon.  To paraphrase Ralph Kramden.  

ChiefsCrown

May-8

LOL......with a side order of lobster!!!!

ChiefsCrown

May-8

I'm a Pieces, that didn't help my cause...LOL

ChiefsCrown

May-8

Gleason had a good approach to life!

Next up Preakness. 

Rich Strike will be nowhere hear 80/1. More like 10/1 range.

SameSteve G

May-8

I hope it's a full field.  I think it will be as many will view Rich Strike as a lightning strike.

pianot

May-8

Agree. I still shocked at the pace of the derby but that is me. I wont score crap in the contest this year the way it has started :) You were smart to stay away!

ChiefsCrown

May-8

Rich Strike gets another free space opening on the rail it might be a repeat of the derby.

Did you see the gallop out and the guy on the pony trying to corral RS. I thought he was rough with the horse, yanking really hard on the reins. Should've just let RS walk back to the winners circle. I don't think Donna Brothers even got an interview with Leon.

SameSteve G

May-8

I'm glad I missed that rough stuff.   

I enjoy seeing the Davids put a hurting on the horse racing Goliaths in the biggest race of the year in the US.

SameSteve G

May-8

I didn't stay completely away but I bet very conservatively, dollar wise.

I actually expected Summer Is Tomorrow to set sharp fractions. Not quite that sharp.  What I didn't expect is for Crown Pride to press him so hard.  That made Summer go that fast.

I expected Crown to go fast to get a position out of the gate and then Lemaire would switch him off to settle in a relaxed stalk.  But, no.  Lemaire chose to giddyup unwisely.

PISTOL9

May-8

He did better than I expected.  I downgrade both him and simplification both being similar in breeding.  Of course that pace was hot.  Summer was no surprise being in front but when I saw that 7 up there pressing, I could not believe that.  Did the press pester him all week telling him they have no idea of of fast US racing is out of the gate?  Once I saw that 45, I knew it was over for Messier and time for chaos, reminded me of Palace Malice year when he was my second horse and ended my chances at the half.  I did not have those 2 UAEs but JV was up there close. 26.62 4th qtr, I haven't noticed one that slow before.  After years of moderate pace, I count on it and it was hot.  And it was not from the one everyone was saying was going to cause it.  I knew Classic Causeway was not going with Lepareaux up,  I never expected it to be CP being the cause.  Result all dependent on the pace.  So I mentioned right when I put Messier on top was the only time BB has not won in last 5 years is when I pick his horse.  You're still welcome.

Rich Strike is a good looking horse.  I liked how he looked in the workouts, caugth him with spires in background

• Edited May 8, 2022 9:10 pm  by  PISTOL9