Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What were you right about & wrong about   Triple Crown

Started May-8 by Wintertrian; 3527 views.
esnov333

May-9

1.) Correct Epicenter & Louisiana horses transfer well to Kentucky dirt.

2.) Wrong for believing Johnny V. had enough sense to not get caught up with Summer Is Tomorrow.

DogsUpWired

May-9

Johnny V ridding style in general especially with front runner is just that on a front runner. 

Msg 2004.23 deleted
DogsUpWired

May-9

Hey Plus ...Jackie should have been your free square 

Wintertrian

May-9

Pedigreestar said...

rong about Rich strike winning ,not had imagined such a long shot at all 80 to1 .Connections were lucky enough to get the last minute entry in the field and also had faith in their ability.

First of all, I'm am utterly enjoying everyone's insight in this topic.  Glad I asked the question.  

And reading yours, Ravi, about "last minute entry"......this is the perfect opportunity for me to say, to all the "chest beaters" in the world who claim their success is all of their own doing and only their own doing.........guess what?   LUCK plays a part.   After all those defections, and then, at the very very last minute, your horse makes it into the gate ?   Otherwise, you're not even a footnote in history. 

Now, that doesn't mean preparation isn't foremost.   You must always be prepared.   What philosopher said:  Chance Favors The Prepared Mind.      I forgot who said it but I always remembered it. 

So let's say you are a writer.  you better be working on your creation all the time.......because you go to a dinner party and are seated next to a stranger, who turns out you have really good comraderie with.   And she finds out you are a writer, and gues what?  her father is the CEO of Time, Inc.  back in the day.    That's how I got someting "read" that wouldn't have been read 30 years ago.   

You gotta do the work, and be prepared.  But LADY LUCK plays a huge part in all of our lives.  That is why we should practice  humility.   

Plus2lbs

May-9

Tell me about it..

joy

All good still.

Enjoyed you thread...like always.

• Edited May 9, 2022 5:34 pm  by  Plus2lbs
Msg 2004.27 deleted
Wintertrian

May-9

Yes, Rich Strike could have gotten lost in the pages somewhere.  It took a very last minute defection to get in the gate.  THAT is Lady Luck.   But his trainer and rider had him *ready* and that is the lesson here. 

Msg 2004.29 and the next 1 deleted