Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rich Strike's "TEAM" and groom   Triple Crown

Started May-9 by Wintertrian; 2070 views.
Gerh

May-13

Crown Pride was a May foal.I think Taiba was April as well.

SameSteve G

May-13

First time 10 furlongs with 126, first Sat. in May for young 3 year old is a big ask and always has been.  Look a how many otherwise promising horses have been gutted by the KD over the years.

Too many to remember.

5 weeks gives him a chance to get all his systems in balance again.  It's conservative horsemanship - not use the horse as a commodity.

It will be interesting to see if Rich Strike can produce another dimension of skill sitting closer to a less grueling pace.  Galloping at a high cruise.  Mo Donegal, too.  Same dimension needed, IMO.

DogsUpWired

May-13

Now I can say I'm a contrarian.

Oldbettowin

May-13

I think skipping the Preakness was a smart move if they think the two week turnaround is too soon and only they know.  Unless you think you have a shot at winning the TC there’s no reason to run in all three races.  Does anyone here really think he had a shot at the Triple Crown?

DogsUpWired

May-13

Didn't think he had a shot to win Derby. 

Yet over recent history the Derby winner went on, faced a small field with the addition of some local stabled and there is an entry where win and in the Preakness.

Maybe due to bumping into the Derby late; say training; the colt was about ready and needs a break. 

Without a Preakness showing and running out in Belmont his stud fee about $10K.

Yet, there is a possibility the colt is like a campaign of Animal Kingdom per surface change and distance.

And the Belmont Stks will answer that by surface change- Big Sandy, distance and including the jockey's first as well.

GamblingMel

May-13

You too, Steve.   Ready for the weekend . . . 

Oldbettowin

May-14

Didn't think he had a shot to win Derby.

That isn’t the point.  Anyways, his connections know the horse better than anyone.  

As for the Animal Kingdom comparisons, Rich Strike had spent most of his career running in Kentucky.  It just so happens that Turfway has an all weather track.  He didn’t do any better there than he did on dirt. He needs a pace to run into and the Preakness is shaping into Early Voting leading them thru some fairly pedestrian fractions.  I’m hoping it goes a little faster than I think it will since I’ve got Skippy in the contest lol.  Might have another if they decide to run Rattle N Roll but he probably needs a pace also.  And Hernandez needs to quit taking him so wide every race lol.

DogsUpWired

May-14

The angle is not to say colt didn't do well at TP all weather.  It's coming off the plastic and moving (way) up on dirt and in this case also via grass.

In reply toRe: msg 22
TexSquared

May-14

I'm glad Rich Strike didn't test positive for anything... but then there's this other stuff that came out of the woodwork.  Ugh.  The sport does not need this:

https://deadspin.com/so-derby-winner-rich-strike-was-a-heart-warming-story-f-1848922657

smartyslew

May-14

I don't know if I would trust anything From Gorka 

I think Reed is a Mitch Mcconnel Republican, not sure though Anti Trump
I'm waiting for more to fall.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=E211US105G91646&p=sebastion+gorka

I tried to Email you