Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Preakness Bets   General Discussions

Started May-11 by pianot; 10062 views.
Oldbettowin

May-22

I should have canceled and switched my bet from Skippy to EV once I saw the odds.  EV is p-np with His dam’s sireline going back to MoW.  I think the Belmont is his to lose.

SameSteve G

May-22

Looks like the Preakness bet was Epicenter to Place.  32.00  

twoshots

May-22

It looked like Ortiz took EV outside in the stretch to get in front of Secret Oath and another horse who were stalking him, and that slowed them down. Then he saw Epicenter on the rail, trying to make headway, and cut in front of him, slowing Epicenter in turn. He had plenty of room each time, so no foul, but that must have added a few yards to his route. Seemed unusual to me, but he won so I suppose it was a good ride.

OldForesight

May-22

I cannot believe Early Voting paid $13.40 to win. After his noteworthy performance in the Wood, he was the freshest horse coming into the Preakness. He was one of my top three derby horses and there was no way I was going to bet against him. 

PISTOL9

May-22

Pace and path made the race  24.32, 47.44 first 2 splits , Epicenter 7 back of that, tough to make that up.  The rest EV got there meant more than between races.  Top 3 inside much of the race versus other contenders, filly got jostled back early

It will be interesting to see what shows up at Belmont.  I am expecting most of the Preakness runners to pass, maybe a couple, a few who ran in the KD which will open it up to whomever wants to run.  Not really expecting a full field of top contenders.

• Edited May 22, 2022 11:07 am  by  PISTOL9
cubs.fan

May-22

Price was boosted due to the dumbfounding action that Fenwick and Happy Jack took.

RAESFAN

May-22

I think Simplification may need a rest. He has danced every dance this year!

Wintertrian

May-22

RAESFAN said...

I think Simplification may need a rest. He has danced every dance this year!

As I posted yesterday, Sano let Simplification's fans know that he bled pretty badly in the Preakness. 

Have to give kudos to Sano and connections for the decency of the announcement;  that a horse's fans deserve an explanation.  .

I only recently heard that Chasing Time bled in the FL Derby.

But can anyone here offer some insight into what happened to Classic Moment, after he was pulled up, then vanned off after the Sunland Derby? I looked for over 2 weeks afterwards and so did everyone I know. No word. It's downright amazing to me that a horse is vanned off after a KY Derby graded stakes prep---- and no follow up at all. There ARE fans out there of this horse, not to mention this horse ran for us and deserves a follow-up.     Is he dead? Is he resting at a farm somewhere? Is he retired? Nobody knows.   Instead, it's almost  like he never existed.    Utterly shameful. 

ChiefsCrown

May-22

Possibly the Jim Dandy or Penn Derby for Simplification? If he was bleeding that badly why didn't Johnny V. ease him or pull him up down the stretch? Simplification at that point was running 6th with absolutely no chance of winning or even getting ITM. As it turns out Simplification didn't even garner a paycheck!