Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tokyo Yushun   General Discussions

Started May-28 by SameSteve G; 747 views.
SameSteve G

May-28

In so far as it's already around 6 a.m. raceday in Tokyo, I'll say that today's Tokyo Yushun or Japanese Derby for 3 year olds at Tokyo Racecourse will go off at around  at 3:40 Tokyo time or around 2:40 a.m. US East coast time.

Fans will be allowed this year and over 70,000 are expected.  It's a very big deal for the Japanese Racing Association.  About 12 furlongs on the turf.  It should be a great race.  I'll post a replay when comes available.  You can see where the money is going already.  I like a longshot.  The 6 - Pradaria

1 1 Ask Wild More(JPN) C3 57.0 Kizuna
La Seleccion
Zenno Rob Roy
Argentine Star
Mirai Iwata
Hideaki Fujiwara
Hirosaki Toshihiro HD Co. Ltd.
Shadai Farm
11 38.6
1 2 Seiun Hades(JPN) C3 57.0 Silver State
High Knowledge
Manhattan Cafe
Gold Grace
Hideaki Miyuki
Shinsuke Hashiguchi
Shigeyuki Nishiyama
Keiichi Samekawa
16 87.4
2 3 Ask Victor More(JPN) C3 57.0 Deep Impact
Kartica
Rainbow Quest
Cayman Sunset
Hironobu Tanabe
Yasuhito Tamura
Hirosaki Toshihiro HD Co. Ltd.
Shadai Farm
7 21.7
2 4 Matenro Leo(JPN) C3 57.0 Heart's Cry
Saratoga Venus
Brian's Time
Lady Danzig
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
sovereign1

May-28

Page 20 is the race.

https://japanracing.jp/_pdf/information/jra-race-programme/2022/220529.pdf

Please delete if not allowed. Apologies in advance.

SameSteve G

May-29

Equinox almost got there from the clouds.  Do Deuce just a bit better as Mr. Take wins his 6th Yushun.  It got a little wild in the stretch.

Replay for those who are interested.

https://racing.hkjc.com/racing/video/play.asp?type=replay-full&date=20220529&no=s0101&lang=eng

sovereign1

May-29

Nuts. Almost had it..... Again.... But I like these long turf races because, as you said, the finish can get wild. grinning

SameSteve G

May-29

The Hong Kong Jockey Club has a good simulcast feed.

Pradaria, the colt I liked, ran a very creditable 5th, especially since he was never far back from the pacemakers and finished up strong.

Good race.  I agree with you that turf routes, especially elite races, are fantastic to watch.

smartyslew

May-29

That Finish looked like Closers were coming with a wave, then it was like Super Closers putting them away.

Hard race to cap full of elite contenders imo. I had a list of 8 with different styles. Bet The 12 Danon Beluga

Played a Tri that came in 1st,3rd,4th,5th Prayed the 18 Equinox wouldn't like the distance from post 18

and was wrong, Didn't cash a ticket, and enjoyed the race. New Stakes Record 2;21 and change. about 12f.

SameSteve G

May-29

Kitasan Black, the sire of Equinox, was a tremendous race horse, winning Japanese Horse Of The Year twice as a 4 and 5 year old.  He carries on the Sunday Silence legacy as Silence is his grandsire.

Kitasan Black won from the front at 2 miles on the turf.  He's 10 now and appears ready to make a significant mark on the breed in Japan.

The Japan Racing Association site is stellar, even to us earthlings.

smartyslew

May-29

I looked at his 3 races and put others who raced further ahead of him knowing he

could improve and Put 17 Lord Les Ailes for a longshot on my ticket, 

I started with the 12, 18,6,3,5,13 to chose from and outsmarted my self put a longshot 17

front runner for some reason. 18 horse field, fun to look over late.

Still loved the race.

SameSteve G

May-29

smartyslew said:

Still loved the race.

You were all around it.  

I agree with you.  Really good race.  Japan is fielding some wonderful horses.