Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Dutrow returns in January 2023?   General Discussions

Started Jun-23 by TexSquared; 462 views.
TexSquared

Jun-23

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/rick-dutrow-nearing-return

I didn't realize that technicality -- his isn't a suspension like Baffert where, once he's served his time he can jump right back in. He actually has to apply for and have his license reinstated.

pianot

Jun-23

Wonderful fam. Not

• Edited June 23, 2022 8:45 pm  by  pianot
Wintertrian

Jul-8

I guess I'm into the "rehabilitation" aspect of these things, depending on the level of suspension and why.  I feel that human beings CAN experience rehabilitation, and there are many examples of that.   Many.   It depends on the sincerity, their accountability, their ability to know that they made bad choices, etc.    IMHO anyway.  My philosophical  beliefs rely on the idea that if there is a true change of heart etc.---  and person is not unpenitant of course.  (Bafffert appears quite unpenitant so he will not achieve the grace he may desire.)      

Guy has done his time, 10 years, "maybe" he deserves a chance to come back to the sport but possibly not with direct contact to the horses?     I can't speak to that because of what he did to Big Brown, so I prefer people like him stay away from sentient living breathing things. 

Baffert is still so busy denying everything, I just can't feel the same about him and would like to see a lifetime ban on him, quite frankly. 

Being honest with my feelings, I just don't KNOW how I feel about Dutrow.   Did he blame everyone around him like Baffert is doing, throw everyone under the bus, etc.   I really don't remember all the in's and out's. 

THere are other "jobs" in racing that don't involve contact w/horses.  

Heck, give what CHRB did, hiding results and hiding meetings, THEY all should have gotten what Dutrow got???

At any rate does it even matter anymore with all the PAPER TRAINERS/OWNERSHIPS now?   

pianot

Jul-8

In October of 2011, the State Racing and Wagering Board announced that Dutrow, due to his history of rules violations and the recent incidents with the syringes and Fastus Cactus, was being fined $50,000 and that his license would be revoked for 10 years.Jun 23, 2022

So the syringe guy is now ok?

In reply toRe: msg 4
Gerh

Jul-9

A leopard doesn’t change his spots

In reply toRe: msg 4
Wintertrian

Jul-9

pianot said...

So the syringe guy is now ok?

What did they do to Peter Miller?  His absence was "self imposed".  They didn't kick him out.  Hopefully with HISA If we're going to take away licenses forever or even 10 years, why not Baffert, Diodoro, Miller, Sadler, Hollendorfer, and others who have "histories" as bad as Dutrows?    and about 10 others I can think of off the top of my head.