Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Arc Post Positions/Odds Now   European Racing

Started Sep-29 by SameSteve G; 1503 views.
In reply toRe: msg 20
Wintertrian

Oct-2

Just writing down only horses I like for each race. Not playing. 

Arc  R4:  will be routing for the filly, but don't think she will win (Alpinista)

Top longshots I like:
Bubble Gift 50-1 (best longshot)  
Do Deuce  25-1
MOSTAHDAF 30-1

R5:
LA PARISIENNE 3-1
ROSACEA 20-1
Rumi 30-1

Sprint R6:
COEUR DE PIERRE 6-1
MOSS TUCKER 20-1
In reply toRe: msg 1
zambito

Oct-2

Onesto and Luxemburg are my picks here. Haven't been on the forum for years but stuck at home after the hurricane. So might as well watch the Arc. 

In reply toRe: msg 21
Wintertrian

Oct-2

Raining a lot there right now. 

In reply toRe: msg 21
Wintertrian

Oct-2

Wintertrian said...

Arc  R4:  will be routing for the filly, but don't think she will win (Alpinista)

How wrong I was, I was rooting for her though, and she blew them away.  Yay!

SameSteve G

Oct-2

Alpinista is going to the Japan Cup.  Hope she wins.  Good for international racing.

Wintertrian

Oct-2

Something I've noticed, if a filly/mare is good, they are VERY good.  

In the big races, that list is long.  Both here and elsewhere.   In future I will give them a few extra point when running against males. 

She can go to BC but I don't think she will come over, they are saying she is not a lover of travelling, but in Japan Cup, she'd be perfect.  

SameSteve G

Oct-2

Alpinista is elite.  Lots of others beat males regularly.  As you well know, every race is contextual and stand alone.  Today with all that rain, I just watched and glad I stayed out of the betting.

smartyslew

Oct-2

She can run on anything and her Jock fits perfectly with at least 7 wins in a row. Sensational!

Wintertrian

Oct-2

Like the KY Derby, I don't wager in fields of 20 unless I've really got a handle on the race.  I've done it a few times in Australian racing when I was following those racecourses pretty regularly.  But for this race, there seems like there could have been about 1/2 to field could have won.  I really would not have picked the #15 or #2 so ....

smartyslew

Oct-2

Watch number 7 in the next race, she finished 2nd to the todays  Arc winner by a length, not betting ,watching

with these track conditions.