Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Arc Post Positions/Odds Now   European Racing

Started Sep-29 by SameSteve G; 1495 views.
smartyslew

Oct-2

Correction #13 in the next race Tuesday , not # 7.

Wintertrian

Oct-2

38-1 longhshot, Fabre again.  He won Race 1 with a 13-1 longshot as well.  Same jock, Barzelona, riding well today

smartyslew

Oct-2

Home Country Frenchmen very savvy on turf conditions , business as usual for him.

I followed him the best I could when Gary Stevens  rode for him for a couple of years.

I don't think those races count in Stevens North American stats.

smartyslew

Oct-2

She came from far back and wide from post 18, what a turn of foot on that soft turf 3rd place.

SameSteve G

Oct-2

it was an excellent showing by the top finishers.  I would say Alpinista was never worse than 5th, I believe, so she ran the whole race and had something left to hold off the next two.

The going was on the very soft side of very soft.  Probably "heavy" was the correct rating.  

Wintertrian

Oct-4

zambito said...

Haven't been on the forum for years but stuck at home after the hurricane. So might as well watch the Arc. 

I hope you were not in an area hard hit and are safe and sound?

Nice to see you back, don't make yourself so scarce.  I only know of 2 other groups where people take euro/aussie/asian races seriously or even talk about it much.    So if that is your interest it's fun to see your picks and that of others?  

smartyslew

Oct-5

I was surprised how fast that race was, all of the rain and Soft ground , someone reported it was almost

2 seconds faster then last year. Last 3 years soft and or Heavy.

SameSteve G

Oct-5

Comparatively fast for the going, yes.  Historically slow by over 6 seconds, which figures, of course.

In reply toRe: msg 38
smartyslew

Oct-5

There was 7 Contenders in the Arc that interested me . Check out there Line Breeding, Pink is 8 generation female linebreeding

Blue Is the top of the 9 generation linebreeding Males or females with the most  up close influence of 2 lines or more

in a pedigree. Shows a good idea of elite pedigrees IMO.

14 ALPINISTA (GB) M, 2017 (9c)(6)DP = 1-1-14-10-2 (28) DI = 0.47   CD = -0.39  8 generation females 9h(8)2d(8) (RF)
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message